Is Crown and Anchor or any program worth it?

We are Diamond Plus. Absolutely think it's worth it. Cruising Disney for the first time next week, and expect to love it. That said, the thought of missing some of the C&A bennies is wearing on me. Next cruises booked on RCL. :D

I did a little series on my blog offering a high level overview of most of the big cruise line loyalty programs. Might be informative for some.

Edited by MJonTravel

On Royal if you book a suite you get double points, which is very fair, considering the significantly higher price of the cabin.

Someone who is a big bar drinker, might like points for that...but since we are not, that would not be much of an incentive for us.

What does HAL do -- for every (insert specific dollar value spent) onboard you get an extra point?

Went and found it all:

Benefits Overview

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society – the most generous rewards program at sea. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each time you make an onboard purchase, like an evening of fine dining in the elegant Pinnacle Grill or a rejuvenating spa treatment. These credits help you increase your Mariner Star status and earn even greater rewards just for doing what you love.

In addition, there are easy ways to earn bonus Cruise Day credits and make exploring even more rewarding.

• Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise.
  • Onboard Spending Bonus – Earn one bonus credit for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases you make.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action?WT.ac=blubar_KN_Mariner

There's one TA on cruise critic site that says if you're platium or above you get additional benefits or money off, does anyone know if you get more than 100 off a balcony/7 night cruise, or is it 100.00 off?

There's one TA on cruise critic site that says if you're platium or above you get additional benefits or money off, does anyone know if you get more than 100 off a balcony/7 night cruise, or is it 100.00 off?

Platinum level gets $100 off a 7 day cruise in a balcony, as long as the cruise was booked at least 6mo in advance. If less than 6mo, then the discount is $75. This is per stateroom, not per person.

Went and found it all:

Benefits Overview

When you cruise with Holland America Line, you’re automatically enrolled in our Mariner Society – the most generous rewards program at sea. As a member, you’ll earn Cruise Day credits for every day you cruise and for each time you make an onboard purchase, like an evening of fine dining in the elegant Pinnacle Grill or a rejuvenating spa treatment. These credits help you increase your Mariner Star status and earn even greater rewards just for doing what you love.

In addition, there are easy ways to earn bonus Cruise Day credits and make exploring even more rewarding.

• Suite Bonus – Earn double Cruise Day credits when you pay a published fare for a spacious suite or penthouse on your next cruise.
  • Onboard Spending Bonus – Earn one bonus credit for each $300 in eligible onboard purchases you make.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action?WT.ac=blubar_KN_Mariner

Thanks for doing the research....for me, it proves my point -- that the onboard spending would not add much to my point total IF I cruised on HAL. Our excursions are the biggest additional expense and we don't wait to be onboard to book shore excursions; we don't do a lot of onboard shopping on the ship; we aren't big drinkers -- when I look back at our previous cruises -- we probably did not reach $300 in onboard purchases.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I guess I skipped over the discounts that you all mentioned with royal, and am glad you let me know!! :) Those discounts you are mentioning really does seem to make it worth it to stick with Royal.

In my honest opinion, Royal has the best loyalty program of the mainstream cruise lines. Celebrity's is good too.