Suite / Concierge Lounge Questions

My DH and I just booked our first GS on Explorer of the Seas and I was hoping someone might be able to answer a few of our questions.

1. What drinks can you make in the lounge coffee machine? Does it make lattes?

2. What drinks are available during cocktail hour in the lounge? We are torn on getting a a drink package since we probably wouldn't start drinking until a pre- dinner cocktail and may just have that in the lounge.

3. Approximately how much do you tip the concierge? ( I realize this could vary based on how much help you need but a range would be great).

4. Is there a menu to order off of in Portofino's for breakfast or do you get your food from the windjammer and just go sit in there?

Thanks in Advance!

I can help with some questions.

The coffee machine makes latte, cappucino, expresso, regular coffee, and has hot water for tea and hot chocolate packets.

Drinks at the cocktail hour are similiar to this list that was on Enchantment:

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

The breakfast in the CL/DL is continental on Explorer. I've never seen anyone bring their WJ food to the CL/DL.

Edited by clarea

I can help with some questions.

The coffee machine makes latte, cappucino, expresso, regular coffee, and has hot water for tea and hot chocolate packets.

Drinks at the cocktail hour are similiar to this list that was on Enchantment:

Enchantment_DL_CL_drinks.JPG

The breakfast in the CL/DL is continental on Explorer. I've never seen anyone bring their WJ food to the CL/DL.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I thought I read somewhere that breakfast in Portofino's was a perk for staying in a suite. I was just curious if they serve off a menu, or if you had to get your food from The windjammer and then take it to Portofino's.

We ate breakfast every day in Portofino s and they give you a menu. At lunch we got our food in the Windjammer an ate in Portofino. They bring you drinks.

It' is very nice not to have to try and find a table in the Windjammer. This perk was my favorite. You can get most any drink in the CL except the frozen drinks. We were on our cruise in December 2013.

Coffee, espresso, cappuccino, latte. Man that was a great latte. Add one packet of Equal. Perfection

2. What drinks are available during cocktail hour in the lounge? We are torn on getting a a drink package since we probably wouldn't start drinking until a pre- dinner cocktail and may just have that in the lounge.

House wines and champagne, basic bar setup, ie vodka cranberry yes, vanilla vodka cranberry, no. No frozen or foos foos. Basic beer - Miller Lite, Bud Lite Corona

3. Approximately how much do you tip the concierge? ( I realize this could vary based on how much help you need but a range would be great).

The range I have heard is $50-100 depending on what they do. Some people may tip less. We usually tip the server $10-20.

4. Is there a menu to order off of in Portofino's for breakfast or do you get your food from the windjammer and just go sit in there?
You can do either. The breakfast cooked to order is the best. Eggs benedict, omelettes made to order. You can also take your lunch in there but it is a short time, I think before 1:30 is the cut off

My DH and I just booked our first GS on Explorer of the Seas and I was hoping someone might be able to answer a few of our questions.

Thanks in Advance!

1: cappuccino, latte, espresso, plain coffee. also hot water with tea bags and hot choclate packets available

2: basic mixed drinks, nothing terribly fancy or complicated. a couple of wine options( one white maybe 2 red). nothing frozen. soda.

3: anything from nothing to $100. only you can decide what, if any, they deserve based on the actions they provide

4: never had portofinos. but on GR we ate in Chops with a (limited) menu provided but the usuals can be ordered.. omelets, eggs benedict,

1: cappuccino, latte, espresso, plain coffee. also hot water with tea bags and hot choclate packets available

4: never had portofinos. but on GR we ate in Chops with a (limited) menu provided but the usuals can be ordered.. omelets, eggs benedict,

Hi Spookwife,

Are you saying that on Grandeur that Chops was open for breakfasts to suite guests?

We loved our Grand Suite on Explorer and especially breakfast every morning at Portofino. I didn't think this suite perk was featured on Grandeur, but, that would be terrific if it is.

Jonathan

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I thought I read somewhere that breakfast in Portofino's was a perk for staying in a suite. I was just curious if they serve off a menu, or if you had to get your food from The windjammer and then take it to Portofino's.

We ate breakfast every day in Portofino s and they give you a menu. At lunch we got our food in the Windjammer an ate in Portofino. They bring you drinks.

It' is very nice not to have to try and find a table in the Windjammer. This perk was my favorite. You can get most any drink in the CL except the frozen drinks. We were on our cruise in December 2013.

Above is correct - menu in Portofino for breakfast - nice atmosphere

never brought food in at lunch from WJ

Drinks in CL - you can get martini and pretty much any mixed drink that doesn't require a blender (no frozen)

If your not big drinkers - having access to the lounge - you may not get your monies worth buying a drink package.

We usually purchase a wine package - bring our 2 bottles we are allowed and pay as we go for the rest.

The last cruise we took we kept track of our bar tabs just to see and the package definitely would not be worth it to us.

Hi,

We have been on the Explorer several times and love the Portofino perk for breakfast and lunch.

For breakfast, as others have said their is a menu to order from. I have also gone to the WJ and brought it in either because I wanted something specific or I was too late to order, but not too late to sit there. They stay open for about 1 hour after they stop serving food.

For lunch, it is sort of reserved seating which is very helpful on sea days. You get you food and bring it in to eat in a quiet and relaxed area. There is someone who will get you drinks. This option on the Explorer is usually not available on boarding day.

We so not usually use the CL, but when we have or when the Conceirge has done something for us, we tip $30-$75.

I cannot speak to the drinks as we like only the frozen virgin drinks. Very excited to try the new Royal Replenishment package. This will be a nice upgrade from the soda package.

Thanks for the information about Chops on the Grandeur as we sail her for the first time this summer.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Mary

Hi Spookwife,

Are you saying that on Grandeur that Chops was open for breakfasts to suite guests?

We loved our Grand Suite on Explorer and especially breakfast every morning at Portofino. I didn't think this suite perk was featured on Grandeur, but, that would be terrific if it is.

Jonathan

it was for us back in September, but NOT on EN when she was in Baltimore. so it was a great treat. I will say the eggs Benedict was very sub par.. the whites were not cooked properly each time I ordered.

the chirizo frittata and peach stuffed French Toast was to die for.

Cruisewithbaby,

We have cruised twice on the 5 day to Bermuda and three times on a 9 day. You are correct there is not a s much he can do for you on the shorter cruise so the amount is lower.

An example from our Bermuda cruise last year. We traveled in early June and were coming back on board in August. We wanted to reserve a cabana at Labadee in August and we wanted a specific one. Even though it was more than two months away, he created the reservation file and saved the cabana for us.

During one of the longer cruises, my husband was in a wheelchair for boarding and debarkation and confined to the cabin for the cruise. He arranged for us to get off very efficiently as well as called and checked on him regularly. Since we were limited in our movements, he arranged both a galley as well as bridge tour for me and my daughter. These are little things that add up and make the trip more enjoyable.

Tipping is such a personal thing. Always do what is comfortable for you.

Hope tha helps