Sun Princess 5/14/04 Pacific Coast Repo

Brucemcdou

Hi -

I'll be on this 3-day repo from San Francisco to Vancouver over a weekend, unfortunately without my partner this time. I'll be doing lots of knitting by the window, of course!

I don't see any other roll call for this cruise; would love to meet some others on this board to have some friends on board and perhaps dinner table companions. I'll just be sailing up and then flying back to SFO on Monday the 17th. We've taken advantage of these short repo cruises before; normally the price drops significantly as it gets closer.

There are never enough days at sea!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bruce,

I'm glad you posted on the Princess roll call thread; otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen this. My partner Ralph and I will be on this "quickie" along with couple of friends. Maybe we can pull you away from your knitting long enough to meet up. icon_biggrin.gif

Ralph's never been to Victoria and wants to see the Bouchart Gardens, which I've seen but way back in the '70s.

Ted

November 2004-Sapphire Princess?

May 2004-Sun Princess

March 2004-Brilliance OTS

October 2003-Mercury

April 2003-Grandeur OTS

September 2002-Grand Princess

May 2002-Star Princess

Work is just something I do between Cruises....

Hi, Ted -

I knew there had to be family on this cruise. I'd love to meet up with you and Ralph and your friends. I'm still hoping that my partner Dan will be able to join me (we've got the reservation in his name), but it will depend on his work schedule at the last minute.

I'm also looking forward to visiting Victoria - I've been in and out of Vancouver several times on these short hops and on Alaska cruises, but have never seen Victoria. It sounds lovely. I'm thinking of the bicycle excursion or just renting some bikes on my own.

Hi, Michael -

Go Quakers! I'm sure we'll be together on some other cruise. My partner and I will on the 13-day Canada/New England cruise on Celebrity Constellation in October. This quick weekend cruise is just to satisfy our "cruise bug" - and it's really convenient from San Francisco.

You must be able to take cruises on short notice from Florida, as well?

We certanly can...seeing how we're in between Port Everglades and Port of Miami. Trying to get my partner to do Caribbean itineraries is the challenge. He was raised in Guatemala and Puerto Rico, so for him it's "been there, done that".

And he likes more active vacations. We're doing a gay bike tour in Europe next Spring or Fall, and last summer we were in Southern Germany rushing from site to site so he could see it all before my exchange program reunion in Munich.

Hopefully he'll love the RSVP cruise we're doing starting Sunday and he'll be hooked on cruising.

Michael

Hi Bruce,

Any word on whether Dan will be able to make it?

Ted

May 2004-Sun Princess

October 2003-Mercury

April 2003-Grandeur OTS

May 2002-Star Princess

Hi, Ted -

Not definite, but looking better. He works in a hotel (whose initials are "RC") and, well, someone's got to be working all the time 7 days a week. I have a "normal" schedule of Monday to Friday, which is why this long weekend cruise caught my eye in the first place.

Right now we're also planning a cruise in June, on the Caribbean Princess. We're not normally Princess cruisers, but they have a program on their Caribbean cruises where you can get SCUBA certified during the cruise. So we'll combine a vacation with some classroom work, pool diving, and open-water dives. I was certified a long time ago but Dan isn't. We went on an "intro to SCUBA" dive in Hawaii in March and he really loved it. So we're hoping to get our C-cards!

We had brunch yesterday with a couple of friends who will be on this cruise, and they were suggesting trying to contact the CD or purser's desk ahead of time (via email) to request an F.O.D. party. From everything I've read here on the G/L board, this doesn't seem to work and people respond that it's better to contact the CD immediately after boarding. Being just a 3-day cruise, this might be hard to schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Ted -

I've been told that you really can't contact the CD ahead of time. A CD told me that - otherwise they'd be swamped with e-mail from past and future passengers. So good idea to ask on board. We've certainly never had trouble identifying and meeting the other gay and lesbian passengers on a cruise, but an organized meeting is always nice.

It looks as if Dan will be able to go on the 5/14 cruise (knocking wood, crossing fingers and toes) so we look forward to meeting you and your friends. I know there's an unofficial CC meeting in the Wheelhouse Bar following the muster drill - I hope we'll see you there?

ten days - can't wait - I'm looking at the Coral Princess out my office window right now; it's docked at Pier 32 by the Bay Bridge today.

Bruce, glad to hear Dan will be able to go. Looking forward to meeting you and maybe talking about the Stagecoach icon_wink.gif

Ted

May 2004-Sun Princess

October 2003-Mercury

April 2003-Grandeur OTS

May 2002-Star Princess

Just found this thread- Along with my partner and I, there are two other couples, and three other singles that I know about- and a rumor that there are a group of bears going! (As long as they don't "paw" my partner) I also know a lesbian couple, so there'll definitely be a presence! See you all on board.

Blazer Boy

Hi folks - while I won't be on the trip, darn it, I believe the Cruise Director coming on in San Francisco is Dan Gibbons. You should have no issues with getting a FOD party scheduled, but do put the request in early so they can schedule it. Only three days doesn't leave much room.

If Dan isn't coming on, Janet Edwards should still be there - same thing with her. If neither of them are there, they changed the schedule icon_wink.gif

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Hi Blazer Boy...glad to see there will be more "family" on this cruise (well Duh, it's leaving from S.F. icon_biggrin.gif ) If you want to check out the roll call thread on the Princess board:

Roll Call 5/14/04

We're planning a get together in the Wheelhouse after Muster, but in case we don't make it, we're in B335.

Brian, thanks for the CD info. Any idea where Frankie is nowadays? Wish you were joining us icon_razz.gif

Ted

May 2004-Sun Princess

October 2003-Mercury

April 2003-Grandeur OTS

May 2002-Star Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Brian, thanks for the CD info. Any idea where Frankie is nowadays? Wish you were joining us <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey Ted - next time you gotta let me know a little more in advance so I can join you! icon_wink.gif Sounds like you're going to have a fun group. If the CD is Dan, tell him Brett's friend Brian says hi...he should get the connection.

I'm not sure where Frankie is...I should try to find him, huh? He was on Star Princess until they got to Italy last month, then his contract was supposed to end. He has relatives there, so I don't know if he's still there or if he's home.

Have a great trip!

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

Welcome, BlazerBoy. As Ted says, we'll also try to be in the Wheelhouse after the muster drill. Right now we're booked in B533, which, yes, is an inside cabin. We're still waiting for a visit from the upgrade fairy, who seems to have visited EVERYONE else on the Rollcall thread. We booked late and figured we'd take our chances on an upgrade. In the past we've been very lucky with upgrades on Princess.

See you on Friday!

I'll let everyone know about the Wheelhouse Bar after the drill. Do you have a sense of when the drill will take place?

We're in B309 (The husband put this cruise in my Christmas stocking, so I HAD to upgrade us for Valentine's day ("won't you be my 'suite' heart?")

O.K., guys, that's not seasickness you're feeling, just nausea from the saccharine!

Can;t wait for Friday.

Blazer Boy

Hey, BlazerBoy -

The muster drill is always shortly before the ship pulls away. I think we're scheduled to leave at 5 p.m., so I imagine the drill will be at 4 p.m. And you'll know it, as everyone is required to attend, wearing their lifejackets!

I'm hoping to board as early as they allow, probably around 11:30. I figure my vacation starts as soon as I board the ship. My partner can't get there until about 3, due to work. I'm going to go straight up to the spa to volunteer as a "model" for the spa tours. I've never done it before, but I hear they sometimes take volunteers to get massages, haircuts, manicures, etc. while passengers tour the spa the first day. So you might see me face down on a table with my clothes off icon_wink.gif

Thanks, I was wondering how they could wait for Muster for us to be out at sea, as on other ships- people wil be too busy with cocktails! We'll be on about 11:30 as well, and starting the cruise officially at 11:31! May not do the Spa tour until we get a little fuel, although if I tell Ed (my partner) about the volunteer model thing, he'll probably be on the table next to you. See you on board.

Andrew

Blazer Boy

Brian, if Dan is the CD, we'll be sure to tell him you said Hi.

Bruce & Dan, Andrew & Ed, we'll see you all tomorrow hopefully. Our friends(Larry, KC) plan to contact the CD soon after boarding to request an FOD, so it can get in Saturday's Patter.

Ted & Ralph

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. We just packed and we actually got EVERYTHING for both of us into one bag. One big bag, but one bag nonetheless. I kept saying "it's only a weekend trip...".

When I checked the weather forecast for Victoria and Vancouver, it looks as if there's a good chance of showers. So we might just plan to hang out on the ship on Sunday in Victoria - we'll see what it's like and decide then. Our favorite times are to stay on a ship in port and enjoy it while everyone else is off on excursions.

So, what happened? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bdjam:

So, what happened? icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well.....it was a fun cruise but unfortunately we didn't get to meet a lot of "family" (not that were weren't a LOT of us). Dan was the CD, but other than on his morning TV show, I never saw him on board. He did schedule an FOD for day 3 in the Wheelhouse at 7:30, which appeared to be fairly well attended. I can see why you like the Sun Princess Brian, she's a beauty.

Ted

Archived