Difference in Concierge E and D

jillyf

We are looking at a cruise on Voyager and wonder if the difference between Concierge E and D is just the position on the deck and which deck it is on. Any advice on either one?

We are just talking to travel agents at present and one can offer us the choice of a few cabins on deck 7 or 8 and another can only offer a guarantee. Why are they different?

Would you go with the confirmed cabin or take a guarantee - they both are quoting the same price with no bonus offers.

No difference the cabins are identical! Only the location is different. I would take any cabin on Voyager that is as close to mid ship as possible or further forward.

Voyager is known to have vibration in the aft. It never bothered us but many people can not handle it. Only time we ever really felt that vibration was when entering or leaving port.

Best advice for someone new to Voyager is to just be midship or forward .

Voyager is a beautiful ship, you will really enjoy your Regent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are just talking to travel agents at present and one can offer us the choice of a few cabins on deck 7 or 8 and another can only offer a guarantee. Why are they different?

Would you go with the confirmed cabin or take a guarantee - they both are quoting the same price with no bonus offers.

As stated above there is no difference in the cabins below Penthouse other than location. For this reason the lower (cheaper) cabins sell more quickly than those on higher decks. To make the higher deck cabins more saleable, RSSC introduced 'Concierge' level (E and above) with certain benefits - the website details these - but the cabins are physically identical.

I would not take a Guarantee on Voyager as there are vibration issues towards the rear and you might finish up there. (On Mariner, however, there are no such issues.)

Well, there are a few other things to consider:

If you take a guarantee on the Mariner, you can't be sure to get a bath with tub or one with the newer showers. The tubs can be tough, as the floor of the tub is higher than the floor of the bath, making for a potentially dangerous situation getting out with wet feet particularly. The other two ships have both a tub and a separate shower. In the Mariner, the standard suites are only 301 sq.ft., slightly smaller than the standard suite size on Voyager and Navigator (356 sq.ft.)

On the Navigator, the Penthouse suites (A, B and C) are the same size as the Concierge (D) and Deluxe (E and F) suites - all 356 sq.ft. The Penthouses are located on the higher decks (9-10 and 11) and the Concierge suites on 8, all are mid-ships or forward where the ship's vibration isn't as noticeable. The F suites are aft, where the vibration is most noticeable (at least was - they grafted on a new stern a few years ago but I don't know if it helped or hurt; I've heard both)

Well, there are a few other things to consider:

If you take a guarantee on the Mariner, you can't be sure to get a bath with tub or one with the newer showers. The tubs can be tough, as the floor of the tub is higher than the floor of the bath, making for a potentially dangerous situation getting out with wet feet particularly. The other two ships have both a tub and a separate shower. In the Mariner, the standard suites are only 301 sq.ft., slightly smaller than the standard suite size on Voyager and Navigator (356 sq.ft.)

On the Navigator, the Penthouse suites (A, B and C) are the same size as the Concierge (D) and Deluxe (E and F) suites - all 356 sq.ft. The Penthouses are located on the higher decks (9-10 and 11) and the Concierge suites on 8, all are mid-ships or forward where the ship's vibration isn't as noticeable. The F suites are aft, where the vibration is most noticeable (at least was - they grafted on a new stern a few years ago but I don't know if it helped or hurt; I've heard both)

Since the OP was asking about Voyager specifically I did not really go into any of the other differences in the other RSSC ships... Agree the shower vs tub is a huge issue (for me) on Mariner but this is a non issue on Voyager as all cabins have gorgeous bathrooms with both a tub and a separate tub.

Once again the OP was asking about Voyager so the biggest issue is that Aft vibration which never bothered us at all but some folks are very affected by it!

I'm concerned the OP will get some nonsense about " group bookings" and "group discounts" . I am almost betting this is the story that will be given. Call Carnival first and tell them what's going on and ask if there is any reason that the TA can not pay for you separately.

I would bet money the TA is going to give a line of BS ......

I rarely (if ever) recommend booking directly with Regent but, in this case, you may want to check with Regent in terms of availability on the cruise. First, have you checked the Regent website? When you look up the sailing you are interested in, the website shows which categories are full, waitlisted, etc.

If you use a TA (generally beneficially to do so), it is important that they that specialize in cruising and regularly book luxury cruise lines. TA's cannot discount Regent but can offer a percentage back at the time you sail or on board credits.

I'm concerned the OP will get some nonsense about " group bookings" and "group discounts" . I am almost betting this is the story that will be given. Call Carnival first and tell them what's going on and ask if there is any reason that the TA can not pay for you separately.

I would bet money the TA is going to give a line of BS ......

Yiks this was meant for a completely different thread .... I apologize, it is too late to remove the posting!!!

Once again I apologize :(

Thank you for the advice.

As it turns out when we told the TA who offered a guarantee cabin that another agent offered some specific cabins she checked again and it was for the 2014 sailing, not the 2015 that we wanted.

We are now booked on Dubai to Cape Town in 2015. Deck 9 midship.