Liverpool Criuise Terminal

ToadOfToadHall

Well, if you say so.

Toad isn't the only one saying so. I have booked for the crossing in 2015 and would book others if they came available. Can't get much better than 30 minutes from the ship v a long drive and an overnight stay.

Of course the Pool isn't going to replace Soton, but a couple of TAs a year would be sell outs IMO.

David.

I'm a Scouser, so obviously happy about this. Southampton has had a monopoly for far too long and, although I sail from there myself at the moment, I would be very pleased to see regular TAs (and lots more turnaround cruises) introduced from my homeport.

It's much easier to reach for many passengers than S.ton, plus, Cunard pax will have the added bonus of checking in, via the remodeled Cunard building once it's completed.

I wouldn't be interested in a TA myself, having done one on QM2 in 2004, and once was enough, but would love to sail into the Mersey on a cruise ship, and also see all 3 Queens in Liverpool next May. When the Queen Elizabeth arrived in 1990, a million people came to see her - I imagine the numbers will be far greater than that next Spring.

Liverpool has always had a love affair with its river, it's been low key for a number of decades, sadly but, hopefully, it will be fully revived in the not too distant future.

With the cruise line industry becoming ever more popular, there is enough to go round everyone, and S.ton won't miss out much, because, by the looks of it, most itineraries are going to start from the south coast anyway.

Can't believe that today we have booked QM for the Liverpool Salute in May next year. Liverpool is my home town and I have lots of connections with the sea so it is a dream come true for me. I met my ex/late husband on the landing stage where QM will berth when he was a merchant navy deck officer and I worked for a shipping company!

It is about time there were a lot more cruise ships coming into Liverpool and I am sure that this will happen over time. Tonight Liverpool Cruise Club have announced that all the availability for Liverpool boarding for the 175 anniversary cruise is sold out but you can still board in Southampton. Shows where the demand is! I am sure Cunard will note this, they're not daft after all.

Bring it on! Liverpool is a fantastic, vibrant city and a fantastic tourist attraction.

I am do excited, I just can't wait.

Sandie

Only 20% of staterooms were put aside for the Liverpool to New York cruise via Halifax , Boston and staterooms are still available.

I look forward to doing a real crossing from Southern England for many years to come.

Enjoy the trip next year though.

What's a real crossing?

David.

Although we are in the south it would make for a different experience to depart from Liverpool with a few days stay before departure to visit the city (again). I am sure there have been many changes since we last visited many years ago.

Excellent attitude to take, embrace it as part of the ovearll experience :).] Yes, there have been many changes in recent years - even for me - and I think you would enjoy a stay before your cruise.

I live in Manchester and have had to travel down to Southampton a dozen or more times to join the cruise of our choice. I have travelled by air (disaster, were diverted to Gatwick because of fog), coach, and by car, staying over the previous night. It would be so nice to be able to join a cruise nearer to home and not have the long journey there and back, which of course does add to the overall cost of the holiday. Many of our friends in the north, all of whom are avid cruisers, are in agreement. Also, as a bonus, the waterfront in Liverpool is stunning with all the beautiful buildings. Please, just a few cruises at least by Cunard, P & O, Royal Caribbean and Princess. I live in hope!!

From the Wikipedia entry for the Cunard Line: "[in July 1840] the first of the four ocean-going steamers of the Britannia Class, departed Liverpool, arriving in Halifax after 12 days and 10 hours, averaging 8.5 knots (15.7 km/h), before proceeding to Boston..."

QM2 is scheduled to depart Liverpool and arrive in New York 10 days later. If Cunard keeps slowing her down (and use a call at Halifax to make it less obvious) it won't be long before a crossing matches the 1840 schedule.:(

From the Wikipedia entry for the Cunard Line: "[in July 1840] the first of the four ocean-going steamers of the Britannia Class, departed Liverpool, arriving in Halifax after 12 days and 10 hours, averaging 8.5 knots (15.7 km/h), before proceeding to Boston..."

QM2 is scheduled to depart Liverpool and arrive in New York 10 days later. If Cunard keeps slowing her down (and use a call at Halifax to make it less obvious) it won't be long before a crossing matches the 1840 schedule.:(

The 4th July 2015 from Liverpool takes in Boston as well as Halifax before reaching New York. The QM2 does this journey every year (apart from Liverpool) but will be a few days later next year.

I'm also in favour of cruises from Liverpool. I dislike the long drive down to Southampton and back.

Edited by Ray66

Not been on line for a day or so. Thrilled at the support Liverpool is getting. And why shouldn't it? The city is absolutely buzzing, its waterfront and other buildings, its two cathedrals are beautiful. It has a wealth of culture. You could stay for weeks and not run out of things to do within a very small radius. I've sailed from Southampton, with a pre-voyage hotel stay, and found it had very little to offer - mostly it seemed shut!

Liverpool as a cruise port is going to prosper. It may not happen overnight but it is going to happen. After all, isn't there enough growth in the cruise industry for as many people as possible in this UNITED country to share in the prosperity and to have the opportunity of sailing from a port convenient to them? The odd adverse comment or lack of a comment isn't going to change that. Oh, by the way, we're really, really good at sarcasm up here!

Still buzzing about booking QM2 for the Liverpool Salute!

Sandie