So Excited! Retirement Cruise!

Nana257

I am so excited We just booked our Retirement cruise. Last day of work is 4/30. We decided to celebrate the best way we know and that is by taking a cruise. And DH suprised me by getting a balcony. We usually stick with the oceanview. Going with his sisters who are also retiring and their DHs. The Legend will never be the same! :D

Haha! I'd always heard it was the youngsters partying on Carnival ships. Now I see it's the retired folks that are rockin' those party boats. :) Good for you. It will be even more fun knowing you don't have to go back to work when you get home.

Getting off that ship and not having to think about going to work the next day is wonderful. Last year I kept having to remind myself. (old habits do die hard!)

You will also love being able to schedule your cruise whenever you want.

Happy Sails and Happy Retirement!!! :)

Edited by Smiling Cruiser

Congrats... I retired last June and when we took our annual cruise in the winter, it was so nice to not have to deal with work after we got home... Hope you find your retirement relaxing and enjoyable.

Steve

Ferguson, Have been to GB a few times. If you get a chance, swing by StoneHenge, so interesting to see it "up close and personal". Also, my favorite spot is Cornwall (SouthWest). Have actually watched the sun "set" into the Atlantic. And the tides and cliffs are amazing there.

We also stayed 2 nights in a "haunted castle" in Wales that is a B&B.

Steve

I am so excited We just booked our Retirement cruise. Last day of work is 4/30. We decided to celebrate the best way we know and that is by taking a cruise. And DH suprised me by getting a balcony. We usually stick with the oceanview. Going with his sisters who are also retiring and their DHs. The Legend will never be the same! :D

Congratulations! That surely would be my choice of methods to celebrate retirement as well.

Enjoy!

Kevin C

Congrats enjoy the cruise!! Mine is scheduled for Sept. 2042. :eek:

Congrats !!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will be "putting in my papers" as we say at work, by the end of the year.

DW and I have been getting ideas for our big trip

ENJOY your cruise and a long, healthy, happy retirement. :)

Congrats. I have the sunshine booked for May and in December my company told me I was retiring the end of may(okay they called it a lay off). so I get to cruise and go back to work for 4 days, I just keep hopeing they don't change their minds so looking forward to it now.

The very BEST thing about my Retirement Cruise on the Oasis last September was NOT having to go back to work as soon as we returned home! Enjoy your Cruise and your Retirement!!:)

Not going back to work after our retirement cruise on the BREEZE in Feb was pretty sweet

Already booked one for Feb 7 next year for DH and I.

FANTASTIC for you...still waiting for my time. :rolleyes:

Congratulations, Nana! Cruising is a great way to get used to sleeping in!

I hope you have a wonderful, memorable retirement cruise. Enjoy!