Amalfi coast tour - Astarita car service?

librarylady19

Traveling with another couple on Azamara and looking for a hired car for a day tour of the Amalfi coast. The Journey is in port overnight so we have the luxury of not rushing back to the ship.

My friend has received a good price quote from Astarita (quite a bit lower than my choice, Monetti) but I'm a bit leery of the reviews I've read on TA (mostly from people who have very few reviews). I usually rely on Cruise Critic but there's very little here about this company..

Does anyone have first-hand experiences they can share?

We stayed in Sorrento last year and used Astarita. One word would describe them..............BRILLIANT! We did the Amalfi coast and trust me, its the only way to see the beautiful villages and coast line.

Barbara, the bookings manager answers all emails extremely quickly and we had no problems whatsoever. We were lucky in getting her husband Antonio as our driver. He is extremely knowledgeable of the area - very easy to talk to and nothing was too much trouble - he even provided brollies when the heavens opened up while we were in Amalfi!

Book them - you wont regret it!

We use Simply Amalfi and were very pleased with the personal service. It is a husband and wife team and they were absolutely wonderful. They were very responsive with the pre cruise planning, and delivered a great experience. We plan to use them again in 2015.

We stayed in Sorrento last year and used Astarita. One word would describe them..............BRILLIANT! We did the Amalfi coast and trust me, its the only way to see the beautiful villages and coast line.

Barbara, the bookings manager answers all emails extremely quickly and we had no problems whatsoever. We were lucky in getting her husband Antonio as our driver. He is extremely knowledgeable of the area - very easy to talk to and nothing was too much trouble - he even provided brollies when the heavens opened up while we were in Amalfi!

Book them - you wont regret it!

Thanks for the endorsement. We are booking with Astarita. As you said, Barbara is very helpful and they were able to accommodate our 8:30 arrival in Sorrento and our noon lunch at la Tagliata.

• 2 months later...

Just a follow-up. Librarylady19 and I along with our husbands and my daughter used Astarita for the day and I'm very pleased to say that they more than met our expectations! The fee for five people for the entire day was just under 300 euros, which as Sandi pointed out in her initial post, was a good deal lower than other quotes we received. We had a great day! Our driver met us where he said he would. His English was excellent and best of all he used it sparingly, allowing us to take in the beauty of the Amalfi Coast without a constant barrage of conversation. We've had some really chatty guides in the past so this was a real treat, trust me. ;) We visited Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello and had a full day. In fact I am pretty sure that our driver went overtime in order to allow us to see a few things that we'd particularly asked about. We were glad that we went with Asarita and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Just a follow-up. Librarylady19 and I along with our husbands and my daughter used Astarita for the day and I'm very pleased to say that they more than met our expectations! The fee for five people for the entire day was just under 300 euros, which as Sandi pointed out in her initial post, was a good deal lower than other quotes we received. We had a great day! Our driver met us where he said he would. His English was excellent and best of all he used it sparingly, allowing us to take in the beauty of the Amalfi Coast without a constant barrage of conversation. We've had some really chatty guides in the past so this was a real treat, trust me. ;) We visited Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello and had a full day. In fact I am pretty sure that our driver went overtime in order to allow us to see a few things that we'd particularly asked about. We were glad that we went with Asarita and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Thank you for coming back and giving a report. Glad to hear you had a great time.

CJ

Great to hear the feedback regarding Astarita car service. They offer great itineraries and rates. It has been narrowed down to Astarita car service and Simply Amalfi. Decisions, decisions!! :D