Dr. Cave Beach?

beshears

We will be crusing to Falmouth next month. I understand (we don't need anything fancy, just a place to lay in the sand) Dr. Cave Beach is a good one to check out. Is it in Montego Bay,and how much do they charge (I understand the Taxi is $20 which is fine) to use the beach?

We will be crusing to Falmouth next month. I understand (we don't need anything fancy, just a place to lay in the sand) Dr. Cave Beach is a good one to check out. Is it in Montego Bay,and how much do they charge (I understand the Taxi is $20 which is fine) to use the beach?

We took a shuttle to doctors cave beach. The water there is translucent and the beach is very pleasant. The food was quite good and they have food service right on the beach. I believe admission was five dollars per person but the loungers and umbrella rentals were separate. It is not a fancy world-class resort – just a taste of authentic Jamaica and it was quite safe. Some of our fellow cruisers found it too but the beach was not overcrowded.

We took a shuttle to doctors cave beach. The water there is translucent and the beach is very pleasant. The food was quite good and they have food service right on the beach. I believe admission was five dollars per person but the loungers and umbrella rentals were separate. It is not a fancy world-class resort – just a taste of authentic Jamaica and it was quite safe. Some of our fellow cruisers found it too but the beach was not overcrowded.

Was there a shuttle to DC from Falmouth? Did you booked it before cruise? How much did it cost? Thanks. I have been in Falmouth but never saw a shuttle to DC. Just taxis.

For sure, where is the shuttle and what is the cost? Also do they now rent loungers? When we were there all you could get are those awful deck chairs!! They were terrible. Beach itself was really nice and I would go there again. but only if they rent actual lounge chairs rather than those horrid deck chairs.

We were there in Jan. You can get the shuttle within the port gates. Go to the very end of the port area. Before leaving the area, the shuttles are on the right hand side (also taxis). It is $20 per person round trip. The shuttle drops you off at the entrance to Dr. Cave's beach. The admission is $6 per person. Chairs are lounges. I believe $5 each. Also can rent umbrellas but there are also trees on the beach which will provide shade. We did not eat at the beach. The beach was nice. We had our own snorkeling gear (you can rent). The snorkeling was not very good. There was also a water trampoline. The bathrooms were clean. We paid the shuttle driver the full price when we were dropped off. We were given a time to meet back at the van. We were taken back to the port and had another hour to visit the shops in port. The drive was nice to Mo Bay and took about 30 min. We enjoyed our day at the beach.

By all means this is a safe and pleasant beach. There is security even though we saw no problems. I think the fee is about $5 to enter and there are plenty of trees for shade and nice plants and sitting areas. Go out on the concrete dock and see the man with the glass bottom boat. I think we paid about $20 each and he took us to Airport Reef to snorkel. He provided the gear and fed the fish. There must have been 100 at least. The water is crystal clear and the snorkeling is great. He is a sweet older man trying to make a living and delightful. After about 45 min. he took us for a ride down coast. Just delightful-an unexpected find and the price is perfect.

We were there in Jan. You can get the shuttle within the port gates. Go to the very end of the port area. Before leaving the area, the shuttles are on the right hand side (also taxis). It is $20 per person round trip. The shuttle drops you off at the entrance to Dr. Cave's beach. The admission is $6 per person. Chairs are lounges. I believe $5 each. Also can rent umbrellas but there are also trees on the beach which will provide shade. We did not eat at the beach. The beach was nice. We had our own snorkeling gear (you can rent). The snorkeling was not very good. There was also a water trampoline. The bathrooms were clean. We paid the shuttle driver the full price when we were dropped off. We were given a time to meet back at the van. We were taken back to the port and had another hour to visit the shops in port. The drive was nice to Mo Bay and took about 30 min. We enjoyed our day at the beach.

Hi, was there a time limit that you could stay at the beach,or would the shuttle come several times to pick up people going back to the port?

Thanks for your response.