What're your thoughts on MSC?

NOSaints1

Just wondering what're your thoughts are is it worth it if your in your mid 30sto the caribbean, what's the food like , entertainment, on board activities. What is the dress code in the MDR, is there a lot of free restaurants or more speciality restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just wondering what're your thoughts are is it worth it if your in your mid 30sto the caribbean, what's the food like , entertainment, on board activities. What is the dress code in the MDR, is there a lot of free restaurants or more speciality restaurants.

Type in your questions/words in the "Search This Thread" and you will find answers to most of them. Many discussions already posted.

I couldn't help the snort this post induced.

Now I have tea all over my cashmere. Earl Grey stains so badly.......

I made milk come out of my wife's nose last night at dinner. That's 2 outfits soiled in less than 24 hours. Send me the cleaning bill...what's one more?

The food is hit and miss; especially if you are not use to European style of preparing and serving food. I posted a thread that compared breakfast & lunck to Burger King. I was immediately attacked by several "Bullies" who said I had an ax to grind.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Yeah bacon and burger king really riles up us bullies.

To the op, your best bet is a search as this has all been answered recently.

Its a great ship, service is hit or miss in the dining room. Bar service and pool service was great, Food is good,they done't have some of the same foods as on other ships, such as omelets/egg station. The food is so much better the Burger king, but then again Burger king hamburgers were probably better the the buffet burgers, but on the private island they blew BK away. The best pizza out of the cruiseships I been on.

There are 2 formal nights, and thats a debate if you don't wear your jacket with some folks on here, as they say its a disgrace not to follow.

Other nights are theme and casual nights.

I would like to know how it compares to rccl. We like rccl but want to try something new.

It's going to be something new. Not even in the same league with RCL, You'll enjoy yourself, but don't expect anything more than that.

I would like to know how it compares to rccl. We like rccl but want to try something new.

Yes try something new. Im was getting sick of RCCL lately. But RCCL has different class ships, you can not compare anyship to Oasis class ships.

Food is the same on both ships. IMHO both have their pluses. Specialty restaurants are really where the tasty food is at on any ship.

For Beauty Divina blows away Oasis. Freedom and Voyager class. Divina is in class with Soltice class ships of Celebrity for Beauty. RCCL lately seems like floating malls and their pushing of sales on the promenade deck.

Shows on Oasis are outstanding. Shows on Divina are very good too.

Service in the dining room is hit or miss. Even on RCCL, been multiple times I had to ask for extra water and extra bread. It all comes down to the server. Rccl has had their cutbacks. No more chocolates, you have to ask for ice in your room now, the removal of pens and paper, drinks are more money and smaller.

No My time dining on Divina.

Divina more peace and quiet over the loud speakers of RCCL, No yelling of drink of the day around the pool decks and private island.

There are pluses and minus on all cruise ships it comes down to what you are looking for, as a big RCCL fan I did them out and I liked them alot.

The food is hit and miss; especially if you are not use to European style of preparing and serving food. I posted a thread that compared breakfast & lunck to Burger King. I was immediately attacked by several "Bullies" who said I had an ax to grind.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

I cruised almost all mass market cruise lines and really did not find "European" style on MSC any different .

After doing many RC cruises, I can't wait to go on this one. On EOS, the shows have not changed in years. Many things have changed an no for the better.

Go and you will be pleasantly surprised.

MSC is trying hard to lure American Cruisers with their awesome rates. I have never sailed MSC - but looking forward to trying them next month on the Divina. Reports recently from fellow TA's are really good - can't wait to find out for myself! Don't expect these amazing rates to last forever - they just want folks to give them a chance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm also curious about the Divina. I'm a diehard Royal fan, but, I can sail on my birthday for 388 solo for a week. I could use a cheap, relaxing getaway with plenty of tasty food. I wish there were more reviews, maybe I should go and write one? :p:p

Maureen as a RCCL fan I was pleasantly surprised how nice this ship is. Really how bad can it be for $388 solo. What date is this? I have been on her once and I have booked again. Hell my premium drink package cost more then my next cruise. :D

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Your statements are so "ridiculous" as so far from the truth!!!

Maureen as a RCCL fan I was pleasantly surprised how nice this ship is. Really how bad can it be for $388 solo. What date is this? I have been on her once and I have booked again. Hell my premium drink package cost more then my next cruise. :D

I booked for September, can usually get good prices for my birthday. Final payment is not until end of June, if something better comes up, I can always cancel. By the way, I am a Weymouth girl. ;)

I booked for September, can usually get good prices for my birthday. Final payment is not until end of June, if something better comes up, I can always cancel. By the way, I am a Weymouth girl. ;)

Great I am also booked for the end of September. I have read your last review on Allure before, I did live in South Weymouth at rt 3 and rt 18 area.

Maybe you can do 2 cruises that time of year if RCCL does a Oasis sale again like last year. Single 110% was the best. :)

Edited by Bosjoe

Great I am also booked for the end of September. I have read your last review on Allure before, I did live in South Weymouth at rt 3 and rt 18 area.

Maybe you can do 2 cruises that time of year if RCCL does a Oasis sale again like last year. Single 110% was the best. :)

YAY, Weymouth! Oh, BOO! I am going the week before you. Oasis is in Europe for my Bday, so, I don't expect prices on Allure to go much lower. I like shows and food and just the great feeling of being on a ship. It seems like MSC can provide me with all those things. :)