How quickly is luggage delivered on Oasis?

I've heard GREAT things about embarkation on Oasis and we will be sailing on her in 10 days. I'm curious to find out how long it usually takes to get your luggage delivered to cabins.

We live locally so usually grab an early lunch at a local restaurant and head to the ship around 1:00. Wondering with all the efficiencies with the larger ship is luggage is delivered sooner?

Thanks

I was on Oasis back in November last year.

Arrived around 1130 and was onboard by 1200 - really impressed how smooth it had gone.

Cabins tend to open up around the usual 1300 - luggage arrived just after the muster drill for me and I am Diamond Plus.

Why not eat lunch on the ship? The Oasis class has so many venues open for lunch... so you don't have to go to the over crowded WJ... Just curious as to why you'd eat shore side...

It's a family tradition. We hit up a favorite local restaurant since we live in Ft Lauderdale to have a nice leisurely lunch and cocktails before boarding. The food isn't as important on the ship as just being on vaca!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by brenderlou

I was on Oasis Mar 1, and they were delivered around 2:30.

and

You will most likely be able to board earlier than 1:00. I would reccommend getting there around 11:30 if you want to board as soon as possible.

but

If you are not concerned about getting every possible minute on the ship, getting there at 1 is fine.

It's a family tradition. We hit up a favorite local restaurant since we live in Ft Lauderdale to have a nice leisurely lunch and cocktails before boarding. The food isn't as important on the ship as just being on vaca!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is such a nice tradition!! And I'm sure boarding at or after 1 the initial lines are gone!! We have often gotten to the port a little later and walked right on. We may copy your tradition... do you have a favorite restaurant in Ft Lauderdale? We sailed out of there last November and will do the same this November and just had no idea where to find a good brunch/lunch!! Or if you could suggest something for dinner the night before... I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Last January, we boarded Oasis at around noon, just in time for lunch (WJ was a little chaotic), and then we headed to our stateroom to drop off our carry-on stuff. And the porter actually knocked on our door with 3 of our 4 suitcases at probably around 2pm! We asked the porter to check for our fourth suitcase and he found it within 30 mins! We gave him a tip as he purposely went searching for our missing luggage!

I've heard GREAT things about embarkation on Oasis and we will be sailing on her in 10 days. I'm curious to find out how long it usually takes to get your luggage delivered to cabins.

We live locally so usually grab an early lunch at a local restaurant and head to the ship around 1:00. Wondering with all the efficiencies with the larger ship is luggage is delivered sooner?

Thanks

Embarked 11:30 AM, one bag was at our cabin when we went by at 1:00. Second bag right before muster, and third(and final) by dinner. By the way, we were in a category Q cabin, which I think is the cheapest on the ship.

I have to echo the lunch on-shore question. On embarkation day, I don't even eat BREAKFAST on-shore! Save it for the ship. :)