WS Guarantee?

Justprettynpink

If you book a guarantee, you really can't decline an upgrade as you basically told them you would take any cabin of that category or higher. You can often trade a cabin for another cabin in the same category.

Understood, that makes sense. Thx!!

• 2 months later...
What are the pro's and con's of booking a WS guarantee? or should we pick a room now and wait for the upgrade fairy to call?

Would we be guaranteed a full suite no matter what?

We would be happy with the WS but would like a chance for a balcony....

Thanks everyone!

could someone tell me what WS stands for..?

nevermind, i guess WS stands for window suite. why would they make a suite without a balcony..?

We've discovered we're not 'balcony people'. Balconies are nice but don't make or break our cruise.

Mom, Sis and I are going on the Grand in January. For a total of $120 more than a Mini we get a full suite with all it's amenities.

nevermind, i guess WS stands for window suite. why would they make a suite without a balcony..?

These were added to several of the ships and it would have been impractical to make them with balconies.

Families with young children might want a suite but with no chance a toddler could get out on a balcony by him/herself.

I am not sure if these proved to be good or bad for Princess from a financial viewpoint. Sometimes there does not seem to be a demand for them and sometimes they get reserved well in advance of the cruise.

We have been in F307 and F315 (we were waitlisted and that is the cabin we were assigned when we cleared the waitlist) on the Golden and F311 on the Grand. There is more noise (side thrusters or stabilizers?) in F307 but not an issue for us. We had several days of rough seas on the Grand. The wall where the head of our bed was (and only that wall) creaked quite loudly as the ship moved side to side. Fortunately there was only one night where the noise affected our sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've discovered we're not 'balcony people'. Balconies are nice but don't make or break our cruise.

Mom, Sis and I are going on the Grand in January. For a total of $120 more than a Mini we get a full suite with all it's amenities.

Couldn't you wait until the end of February to be our neighbors?

Enjoy the cabin.

These were added to several of the ships and it would have been impractical to make them with balconies.

Families with young children might want a suite but with no chance a toddler could get out on a balcony by him/herself.

I am not sure if these proved to be good or bad for Princess from a financial viewpoint. Sometimes there does not seem to be a demand for them and sometimes they get reserved well in advance of the cruise.

interesting, thank you!

sooo...We decided to book F311 on the Caribbean Princess for our July 18, 2015 cruise. We had our pick of cabins. We also said we would take an upgrade if the fairy decided to visit.

My selling point to my husband is that we could pack lighter and send clothes off to be cleaned :-)

I am super excited!!!

Thanks for sharing your advice and for letting me sharing my excitement!!!

Very interesting! We have the exact window suite booked on the cruise just prior to yours! We have elected to mark our booking 'Do Not Upgrade' as we do not want to chance being under the pool, Horizon Court or Fitness Center (and the treadmills/equipment).