Cozumel with 2,6,and 10 year old boys

a6h73

Have been there before sans kids so I'm thinking a beach day - is that the best option? If so, what is the best place- I looked at Paradise Beach but it looks really crowded and that feels a little stressful watching 3 little kids in a crowd.

I have read mixed reviews on that Chaukeb place with the snorkeling. There is that Isla de something but I read something about boats doing 360s etc on the way out and Im not sure thats going to be much fun with my little guy. No idea if thats a special boat or what.

Im not overly concerned about price - I'd value some place more upscale more than someplace cheap. Water my toddler could go into would be a super plus, big waves a bummer.

Thanks so much!

Check out Playa Mia, with a water park and water toys geard toward younger children.

"Mitsugirly" has a review of the place with lots of photos and details linked from the signature on her posts.

We went to Playa Palancar in January with our kids 7, 4, and 1. We had a great time, it was not super crowded and the water is shallow so they could walk quite a ways out. There are tons of shells for the kids to collect and sand to play in. They have great food and are not pushy trying to sell you things. There is no cover charge so all you pay for is food and drinks. A great place to spend the day!

Playa Mia definitely sounds like the right place for you. Check out my review and TONS of pictures (located in my signature line). It has a little bit of something for everyone. :)

Mitsugirly-

I decided on the water park after all the reviews. But now my mother (who is on the cruise too with her husband) wants to go to Chankanaab (to do dolphin thing) and has suggested I think of going there too so we can stay together. I see you have been to both. I've sort of settled myself with the water slides and now that other park seems sedate by comparison - however...what do you think?

Mitsugirly-

I decided on the water park after all the reviews. But now my mother (who is on the cruise too with her husband) wants to go to Chankanaab (to do dolphin thing) and has suggested I think of going there too so we can stay together. I see you have been to both. I've sort of settled myself with the water slides and now that other park seems sedate by comparison - however...what do you think?

We've been to Chankanaab, but not Playa Mia. It sounds to me like the kids that are your kids age would enjoy Playa Mia more, and have more to do all day. Chankanaab is great for snorkelers, and those that want to do the dolphins. They do have the free sea lion show. The beach is man made, and you have to walk down steps to enter the water - which is 4-5' deep when you enter, and is rocky (great for snorkeling). There is the small walk-in beach (someone posted a picture of above) - but its very small. And when we were there, it was very grassy in the water. Chankanaab is best for snorkelers or the dolphin experience in my opinion.