When is final payment due and when do cabins release back??

Pete69

Hi All,

I have booked thru an Australian travel agent so things are a little different for me. But how long before departure does final payment need to be made for US bookings??

We are very interested in paying for an upgrade but none are available at the moment and were hoping that some cabins might release back.

The final payment date should be on your My NCL and cruise documents.

As for "upsells", you can certainly ask your travel agent to ring NCL and see if there are any upsells available. If not, see if there is availability for a certain cabin category you want and ask your travel agent/NCL how much it would cost to change to that cabin category.

Good luck!

The final payment date is usually 75 days before the sailing date. After that you can't change to a lower price or a lower cabin category without having to pay a fee (the closer to the sailing date the higher the fee). But you can always upgrade to a higher category if there is a price drop during the last couple of months before sailing, and just pay a few dollars for the upgrade (you have to pay the difference between what you have already paid, and the new price for that higher category). But be aware that if you decide to do that, you might loose any special perks that was included in your original booking and get other perks instead. So you just have to count the pro's and con's before deciding to do the upgrade.

I have purchased an upgrade on several cruises in the past - some times from balcony cabin to a mini-suite, and some times from a mini-suite to a real suite, and just paid a few hundred dollars extra per person (much less in difference than it was originally when I first did my reservation). Some times the prices drop and some times they don't - it all depends on itineraries and "popularity".

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Hi All,

But how long before departure does final payment need to be made for US bookings??

Final Payment FP can be 60 days, 75 days or 90 days depending on several criteria.

http://www.ncl.com/about/additional-terms-and-conditions#payment

Now I see that Freestylenovice already pointed to this URL above.

Edited by MRBOOKEND