Carnival Checkin at MIA - how does it affect zone number assignment?

Freckles_51

The Miami airport Carnival checkin desk opens at 8am. Will those on early flights be assigned the lower zone numbers, while those not flying in get later zones at the port of Miami? Or are the zone numbers only assigned upon arrival at the port?

We were FTTF so we were given a priority placard but I am sure the people checking in receive zone 1, 2 etc. I would recommend MIA check in if you are going to be there anyways and are there in the morning. We were there at 830 and there was barely anyone there. It was super easy!

I didn't know they had different times?? When I called them to find out when we could begin boarding the ship, they told me the earliest is 1pm for my sailing?

We have never boarded that late, we were on board by 11:30 on average.

There could always be set backs due to debarking guests from previous sailings so they may set 1 pm as a designated time so that no one complains.

We are flying in the day before so will be going directly from the hotel to the port. We don't have FTTF and we are not platinum.

Im sorry I misunderstood your question.

I dont think it will effect much of the regular port boarding. Not enough people are coming in the morning of and many of those most likely dont know the kiosk is there. I would get there early or late. The lines were long to check in at the port by 10:30 or so.

No need to apologize agc291....We were thinking of arriving at the port around 10:30am and wondered how the zones are assigned.....maybe we will try to get there a bit earlier...I would rather wait in the port terminal than wait around at the hotel ;).

In my experiences in Miami, boarding zone numbers, FTTF and VIFP Club status don't have much to do with the order in which passengers board the ship, although wedding parties and folks requiring/preferring assistance and their companions do appear to have priority. It is not generally a long wait, however.

In my experiences in Miami, boarding zone numbers, FTTF and VIFP Club status don't have much to do with the order in which passengers board the ship, although wedding parties and folks requiring/preferring assistance and their companions do appear to have priority. It is not generally a long wait, however.

Im curious about this... Wedding goes first then Platinum/Suite/ FTTF then they board in order of zone #s. I am sure eventually they call zone 4-6 etc.

When you have cruised it was just a free for all? You could board whenever you wanted?:eek:

We have cruised out of Miami twice but this has never been our experience in any port.

Yes. When I last cruised from there the VIFP Club types were in a room downstairs. By the time we got up the escalators and were ready to head onto the boat, a large number of passengers were boarding.

Carnival has been sending emails out to cruisers for about a year or so giving you a boarding time. On our last cruise we recieved an email with the 1pm boarding time, there was supposed to be some immigration check. We arrived at 1130am and people were boarding. For our cruise next month we have the 1pm boarding in our cruise documents. We are flying in the day of the cruise and heading right to the port. Should be there by 1145am.

The Miami airport Carnival checkin desk opens at 8am. Will those on early flights be assigned the lower zone numbers, while those not flying in get later zones at the port of Miami? Or are the zone numbers only assigned upon arrival at the port?

The zone cards are handed out to people when they arrive at the port so it doesn't matter when people fly in, it matters when people go into the port building.

We are flying in the day before so will be going directly from the hotel to the port. We don't have FTTF and we are not platinum.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that people can check in at MIA only on the day of their cruises.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that people can check in at MIA only on the day of their cruises.

That's what it says on the cruise docs and that's why I wondered about the zone cards, which you answered....thanks again. :)

We sailed out of Tampa almost four years ago. It was our first Carnival cruise. No FTTF, no Platinum, no nothing. We arrived at the port VERY early (I'm thinking about 8:30am or 9:00am -- we were VERY eager to start the cruise!). Porters took our luggage, but terminal was not opened yet for check-in. When they did open, we were the first in line and got zone 1 boarding, I think. I know that we boarded right after a wedding party.

I'm pretty sure the zones are assigned as you check in.