Increase in Price of Sanctuary

stevenr597

I read today in the C.C. news that Princess was doubling the price of the adults only Sanctuary. This past summer we were on a 12 day cruise on the MS. Royal Princess. I did find that the pools areas were very very crowded, at times it was almost impossible to find a deck chair. One reason for this was the large areas that they had walled off for the Cabanas and the Sanctuary area. In that the sun decks space are limited especially in sea days I find that by trying to make extra dollars, they (Princess) are depriving many of their cruisers of an enjoyable day of sea by walling off these areas. I feel that the sun areas should be open to all, with chair hogging serious monitored. I am sure that many individuals will disagree, but this is one reason why we will be going on Celebrity for our next cruise.

There is already an extensive thread on this...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990671

I read today in the C.C. news that Princess was doubling the price of the adults only Sanctuary. This past summer we were on a 12 day cruise on the MS. Royal Princess. I did find that the pools areas were very very crowded, at times it was almost impossible to find a deck chair. One reason for this was the large areas that they had walled off for the Cabanas and the Sanctuary area. In that the sun decks space are limited especially in sea days I find that by trying to make extra dollars, they (Princess) are depriving many of their cruisers of an enjoyable day of sea by walling off these areas. I feel that the sun areas should be open to all, with chair hogging serious monitored. I am sure that many individuals will disagree, but this is one reason why we will be going on Celebrity for our next cruise.

try to just sail on Celebrity. We were on the Reflection last June, which had a lovely included adult area---My only problem with Celebrity is the lack of self service washers and dryers. We will be on a Princess sailing in a few weeks- I origionally wanted to go on Celebrity, but the itinerary was better for us on Princess this time. But if the itinerary were the same, and I can manage without washers and dryers, then I would prefer Celebrity due to not having to pay extra for an adult quiet area. If Princess would at least have comfy padded lounge chairs by their pool, and enough space next to adult retreat pool, then it would be ok. But we are going with a positive atitude on our cruise on Princess, and will adjust.

try to just sail on Celebrity. We were on the Reflection last June, which had a lovely included adult area---My only problem with Celebrity is the lack of self service washers and dryers. We will be on a Princess sailing in a few weeks- I origionally wanted to go on Celebrity, but the itinerary was better for us on Princess this time. But if the itinerary were the same, and I can manage without washers and dryers, then I would prefer Celebrity due to not having to pay extra for an adult quiet area. If Princess would at least have comfy padded lounge chairs by their pool, and enough space next to adult retreat pool, then it would be ok. But we are going with a positive atitude on our cruise on Princess, and will adjust.

You go on a 7 day cruise to do laundry? Geez.

You go on a 7 day cruise to do laundry? Geez.
You're assuming someone goes on just a 7-day cruise.

As for the Sanctuary space, that's allocated on every Princess ship. Personally, I don't think it makes much of a difference on any ship when it comes to available loungers. There are so many other places that aren't directly at the pool where you can get a seat or a lounger, no matter what ship you're on. On the Sapphire last week, I saw tons of available loungers both at the main pool, the covered pool area, plus decks 15 and 16.