Best Promenade Cabin on Freedom Class

I am going to book the 1/3/2015 sailing of Indy.

I want a promenade cabin. For those of you that have cruised in one, what cabins do you feel are the best?

I know I want deck 7 or 8. We want to be able to parade watch at night. I would also like something that is quiet and not a connecting cabin.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cheryl

We LOVE Promenade cabins! We've had 8 of 'em and am booked for a 9th on the Indy in April. We actually had one booked on the Freedom last year, but we upgraded to a balcony. :D We usually try to get 6275, which is right across from the Pub. A great vantage point. You can check out the pub and people watch to your hearts content! If you want deck 7, check out 7275 or something in that block. You DON'T want to be ABOVE the Pub. Did that once and never again. TOO noisy late at night. Just make sure that you close ALL of the drapes. You can see right through the shears and last time my wife got the full show from across the way :o

Joe

Edited by MrCruzeaddict

We are in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on our next cruise, it's a regular promenade room decorated with cow stuff. We get 2 free ice cream vouchers per day and access to concierge lounge for free drinks! :)

I've heard of Ben & Jerry's but what is the number? :rolleyes:

We are in the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on our next cruise, it's a regular promenade room decorated with cow stuff. We get 2 free ice cream vouchers per day and access to concierge lounge for free drinks! :)

Sounds interesting. Is that right above B & J? What room? Is this on the Freedom? Did you have to make special arrangements?

i've heard of ben & jerry's but what is the number? :rolleyes:

sounds interesting. Is that right above b & j? What room? Is this on the freedom? Did you have to make special arrangements?

Edited by ryano

I agree about the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet". We had that room on FR and loved it. There was a little bit of noise from a service area next door, and you've got a view of cow butts, but the free ice cream and Concierge Lounge access more than make up for it. The problem is getting it. Many people know about them now, so they stay booked pretty regularly.

Do you know if you get two cruise points per night, since its a suite????

Do you know if you get two cruise points per night, since its a suite????

Only one point per night. The Ben & Jerry's Sweet is not a real suite, it just gets some suite perks to compensate for the obstructed view.

• 5 months later...

They are correct that deck 7 is better; it's hard to see activities from deck 8. Pay special attention to what you are across from. I don't know the promenade plan of that ship, but I've been across from the Champagne Bar and also the "purser's" desk. Both are very boring if you want to people watch.

• 4 months later...
Is deck 6 or 7 better for a promenade room and being able to view parades and activities.

I would favor deck 7. It's higher so you have a better view, but not too high like deck 8 where you are too far removed.

Thank you!! Debating on doing promenade which we've never done before or ocean view.

I'd much rather do an ocean view, with the natural light and privacy. However, I understand that the PR staterooms can be significantly less expensive.

We like Promenade cabins because of how the bed is situated, like it is placed in a balcony cabin. In insides the bed is up against the back wall and front corners of bed hit against the furniture in front of it. This makes walking around the bed not easy especially at night. This is when both beds are pushed together. I don't know how the bed is situated in OV cabins.

We were able to grab the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" for our upcoming Liberty cruise next December. The RCI agent didn't have a clue what the perks were. After putting me on hold for quite awhile he came back telling me that the only perk is cow motif throughout the cabin and nothing else. I asked if they did away with the free ice cream and consierge lounge access but he again had no clue. Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: I just hope that the banging service door won't be a major issue.

Having said that, if all PR cabins were all equal we would have chosen one midpoint on deck 7.