NCL Sun Penthouse w/ Balcony floorplan

I'm considering my 2nd cruise on NCL Sun in December and want to make it a family trip. My wife, two kids (13/17 at cruise time) and me. We're a close family so one cabin is fine, but we want to be comfortable too. I've seen the "floor plan" for the Penthouse w/ balcony (Category SF/SG) and think that would be perfect for us. For the date we're thinking about, the only rooms left are fore on 8 and 9 (Viking and Fjord). The ones on 9 look like they're right below something public on 10 so I'll probably skip those. There are 3 penthouse rooms left on 8. My question is:

Can anyone tell me how close rooms 8001/8002/8201/8202 match the floor plan on the NCL web site?

Also, any gotchas I need to worry about with a front facing cabin?

Thanks in advance!!

Going to the CruiseDeck.com website it appears the 8002 and the mirror image

8202 are the same as illustrated in the NCL site. The 8001 and 8201 while not

shown would be of a slightly different layout + mirror image.

Photos are available if a member of CruiseDeck.com --- more ---

I am a member of CruiseDeck.com and highly recommend it for persons that

frequently cruise and have questions about the cabin interiors.

The membership fee if $20 for a lifetime membership and with that level

you get access to photos of staterooms of a number of cruise ships of every

cruise line. The photos are worth a 1000 words of description and as a

member you are welcomed to add your own.

The LINK: http://www.cruisedeck.com

Check it out

I'm guessing you meant cruisedeckPLANS.com. Cruisedeck.com seems to be an advertisement link site. I've been searching and had stumbled across that site. I'm not sure how much cruising I'll doing after this trip because my oldest will be in college and that will certainly cut into my travel budget.

FYI, the flooplan I keep seeing and I'm hoping to match is here: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/sun_wth_fp_penthouse.jpg (sorry for small size - it's all I've got)

Thanks,

Humble thousand pardons for the error in the website - Thanks and glad

that you found the correct one or were aware of it.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com

They don't show all the photos of every cabin on every ship but in most

cases you can presume that the cabins in the same section are all the same

with an ordinary and mirror image.

The Aft and Forward Penthouse Suites are generally lacking an image or the

reverse (mirror) so at least you get an idea just by flipping it in your mind.

I was on the NCL SUN in July last year SB Alaska inside passage.

Waiting to get off the ship I had an opportunity to peak into the vacant

suite staterooms for an idea of their creature comforts and layout for

future cruise planning. The SUN is reported to have the largest staterooms

in each of the stateroom categories. I had a mini-suite that was Outstanding !

Although the ship is older it was recently undated and is in great shape.

I would not hesitate to travel on her anytime in the future.

I'm guessing you meant cruisedeckPLANS.com. Cruisedeck.com seems to be an advertisement link site. I've been searching and had stumbled across that site. I'm not sure how much cruising I'll doing after this trip because my oldest will be in college and that will certainly cut into my travel budget.

FYI, the flooplan I keep seeing and I'm hoping to match is here: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/sun_wth_fp_penthouse.jpg (sorry for small size - it's all I've got)

Thanks,

YES that is the same floor plan that cruisedeckplans is showing for the port

outboard stateroom 8002 - mirror starboard outboard cabin 8202.

The 8001 and 8201 do not have images but photos are available at the

cruisedeckplans - am at odds as to how to copy paste transfer and post.

Price being the same I would go with outboard suites - they appear to have

just a few more square feet of useable space.

Beware of bow facing suites if cruising into the wind or weather not quite as

nice !

Also some ships restrict the lighting on the balcony due to the proximity of

the bridge !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add material

Having trouble sleeping so decided to surf Cruise Critic and saw you were asking about one of our favorite ships. Found you a youtube video for 8202 - - it is a narrow video but does give you a good idea of what the suite is like.

Also found you link to thread on Cruise Critic started by the maker of above video. They answered some questions regarding the suite that might be helpful to you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41391615

Here is a link to free drag it decks site showing deck plans for the Sun. Use the elevators or stairways to overlay the decks to see what is above and below you. The empty space you are seeing on deck 10 is the bridge area - not public space.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Sun

For our Alaska cruise we had one of the two large forward facing balconies on the pool deck - our stateroom space was about the same as the suites but no fancy bathroom or coffeemaker :) We're old friends so had no problem with two couples sharing the cabin.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. From the video, I can tell that it's VERY different than the floorplan I've been finding and posted above. I think the floor plan NCL has on their site is only for the corner aft penthouse suites (i.e. 8077 and 8277) and those are already sold out for the cruise date we were interested in. My wife is fairly set in making sure she has access to the balcony without having to walk past our kids when they're sleeping like the NCL floorplan shows or like we'd have with two cabins. I'm also not sure she'd like the extra wind from a forward facing cabin either.

Oh well - was hoping to make it easy... lol. Thanks again for all your help!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. From the video, I can tell that it's VERY different than the floorplan I've been finding and posted above. I think the floor plan NCL has on their site is only for the corner aft penthouse suites (i.e. 8077 and 8277) and those are already sold out for the cruise date we were interested in. My wife is fairly set in making sure she has access to the balcony without having to walk past our kids when they're sleeping like the NCL floorplan shows or like we'd have with two cabins. I'm also not sure she'd like the extra wind from a forward facing cabin either.

Oh well - was hoping to make it easy... lol. Thanks again for all your help!!

8202/8002 is VERY different from the floorplan shown on NCL.com. I stayed in 8202 last year on my first NCL cruise and have it booked for next year. It's definitely one large bedroom/living room (no corners or separated areas) with an enormous bathroom and closet. You would absolutely have to walk by the kids to get to the balcony from the main bed. It is a fabulous cabin though! Good luck with finding a suite that works for you - I'm sure there's one out there. :)

If they are open and if pricing isn't a killer one of the corner aft suites on the Sun would be perfect for you..... our very first NCL cruise was in 9076. Here is a youtube video showing many of the Sun suites. At 3:24 into the video the suite shown is set up same as 9076 - - separate bedroom with balcony entrance and also balcony entrance from the living room. Hmm not sure if all of the stern corners have the separate bedroom so you'd want to research via google search or asking here on CC. Wonderful balcony that holds lots of people :)

Here's photo of just part of the balcony with a few of our friends

ee17da58-09b9-49e4-83a7-8928ad01902f_zps2b930653.jpg

k

If they are open and if pricing isn't a killer one of the corner aft suites on the Sun would be perfect for you..... our very first NCL cruise was in 9076. Here is a youtube video showing many of the Sun suites. At 3:24 into the video the suite shown is set up same as 9076 - - separate bedroom with balcony entrance and also balcony entrance from the living room. Hmm not sure if all of the stern corners have the separate bedroom so you'd want to research via google search or asking here on CC. Wonderful balcony that holds lots of people :)

Here's photo of just part of the balcony with a few of our friends

ee17da58-09b9-49e4-83a7-8928ad01902f_zps2b930653.jpg

k

Thanks for sharing that video. We'll be in 9076 in June for an Alaskan cruise. It's our first NCL cruise (it's our first cruise with anybody!) and your video got us even more excited!

Looks like it'll be plenty of room for the two of us... :)

Jim

Thanks,

This floor plan is the aft SE. I have stayed in 9076 twice with this floor plan. It's awesome. Sofa in living converts to a small bed. Not too comfy. Other than that and no Lavazza (no room), it is perfect. Awesome balcony and bathroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk