James Martin across the fleet

oldfella73

I see that on Brittania James Martin will have a presence. It would be nice to see a few of James menus across the fleet. Anyone agree

Not if it meant paying more, what's so special about him?

Fantastic news!

Our first week cruise was on Ocean Village 2 and we ate at The Bistro twice. This was James Martin's signature restaurant. We both believe that it is still one of the best select dining venues we've ever used and remember, on P&O the select dining venues are far cheaper than the ones on Celebrity or RCI.

If we sail on a ship with his name to a restaurant we would book it in a heartbeat.

:)

Perhaps I should not ask, who is James Martin :confused:

there are lots of these 'celebrities' around that while i have heard the names I have no idea who they are, or care, perhaps ;)

He is a celebrity chef and has his own programmes on TV, and he is also a Yorkshireman so he must be a fine fellow.

Don't rely on a celebrity chef being on board. Olly smith was supposed to be on board for our Azura cruise, I even checked with P&O a couple of weeks before we travelled, and no sign of him!

Don't rely on a celebrity chef being on board. Olly smith was supposed to be on board for our Azura cruise, I even checked with P&O a couple of weeks before we travelled, and no sign of him!

Olly Smith was advertised as being on board Azura in September.... and he was. Thoroughly enjoyed our Glass House Tasting Menu with him.

Also James Martin is not going to be involved in restaurants. From what we were told on Oceana recently he will be running Cookery classes.

That is interesting Tartanexile. Many people have been assuming that he will have an on-board restaurant but I must say, I have not seen P&O say anywhere that he would. As you say, the info is all about the cookery school. It is a shame as I quite like his recipes but can't stand MPW so would never bother booking one of his on board. All personal taste I know.

That is interesting Tartanexile. Many people have been assuming that he will have an on-board restaurant but I must say, I have not seen P&O say anywhere that he would. As you say, the info is all about the cookery school. It is a shame as I quite like his recipes but can't stand MPW so would never bother booking one of his on board. All personal taste I know.

Actually we ate twice in MPW's Café Jardin on Oceana recently and although there was no atmosphere because of the position of the restaurant, the food was simple Italian and full of flavour. We were very surprised at how much we enjoyed it - LOL!

And Snowflake - me too :D