Island Princess April 2015

FawnRiver

Just curious if anyone out there knows what's up with the Island in April 2015. She has a TA in March and then doesn't show up again until May. We're assuming they are probably refurbishing her for her new duties in the Med, but we'd love to know details. We've booked on her for August 14, 2015 and haven't cruised on her before.

DH is hoping that if they are doing a major refurb they'll do a video series of it like they did for the Grand.

Any information is appreciated :D

Thank you.

Just curious if anyone out there knows what's up with the Island in April 2015. She has a TA in March and then doesn't show up again until May. We're assuming they are probably refurbishing her for her new duties in the Med, but we'd love to know details. We've booked on her for August 14, 2015 and haven't cruised on her before.

DH is hoping that if they are doing a major refurb they'll do a video series of it like they did for the Grand.

Thank you.

Believe it is a major dry dock, then onto the Barcelona/Venice route.

Fawnriver...I see you have done 2 transatlantics in November. Can I ask how the weather was? We are booked on the Island transatlantic in November 2015 and my husband is worried about super rough seas.

:)

Thank you.

Look at the Coral Princess deckplans to see what the Island will likely be remodeled into (new cabins on deck 6, international cafe, horizon court remodel). There may be more however since the drydock is quite long, some rumors are that the aft universe lounge (a really stunning venue) will be converted to a 1 level venue with cabins replacing the void.

Fawnriver...I see you have done 2 transatlantics in November. Can I ask how the weather was? We are booked on the Island transatlantic in November 2015 and my husband is worried about super rough seas.

:)

On our first TA, we had one relatively rough evening off the coast of northern Spain. The second, we had a few windy days in the western Med but nothing bad. There were a couple of days in the Atlantic where it was so smooth, it was hard to believe that we were moving.

Look at the Coral Princess deckplans to see what the Island will likely be remodeled into (new cabins on deck 6, international cafe, horizon court remodel). There may be more however since the drydock is quite long, some rumors are that the aft universe lounge (a really stunning venue) will be converted to a 1 level venue with cabins replacing the void.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that the Coral had been remodelled, so I'll check it out.

I was looking forward to seeing the Universe lounge, but DH will be thrilled to see an IC onboard.