BIG surprise

EmergencyPA

Made final payment a couple of weeks ago for June cruise on Gem. Just before making payment called PCC and got a nice drop in price(in a suite). Made new final payment and did not check prices for cabin since, figure past final payment, happy with what I paid so now time to get ready to cruise. Yesterday out of the blue PCC calls and informs me of another price drop and adjusts cost of cruise and will be sending a refund check(tried to just make it OBC but said he couldn't ). This drop was twice as much as the first!! Still 90 days out, wonder what else might happen

Made final payment a couple of weeks ago for June cruise on Gem. Just before making payment called PCC and got a nice drop in price(in a suite). Made new final payment and did not check prices for cabin since, figure past final payment, happy with what I paid so now time to get ready to cruise. Yesterday out of the blue PCC calls and informs me of another price drop and adjusts cost of cruise and will be sending a refund check(tried to just make it OBC but said he couldn't ). This drop was twice as much as the first!! Still 90 days out, wonder what else might happen

Very nice! Congrats!!

That's great! Your PCC must be one of the good ones :)

It also contradicts just about every other story of price drops where PCCs weren't allowed to "refund" money after final payment and would ONLY offer OBC equivalent to 25% of the price difference.

Perhaps it has something to do with the suite, or with your status at NCL.

Either way, it's still great to hear!

Edited by DinaS

OP stated they were still 90 days out. That's why the refund. OP made finial payment before final payment was due.

OK.. I thought final payment for suites was different than for regular cabins :)

Final payment is not until 75 days out so keep checking! I got price drops on my final payment day (also suite) - they also would not put as OBC but refunded.

Just an FYI - the refund was credited to the credit card we used for our initial booking deposit. That was the only payment made on that card. We used two different cards to make interim payments and then another card for the final payment (different people - different cards).

Your PCC is a GEM!

Good for you! Nice :)

Have you been on the Gem before?

I'm on Breakaway this summer, but I sooooo want to try a trip on Gem!

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Final payments on cruises are the same but the day to cancel for full refund on a suite is 120 days out.

Duh I'm reading this completely wrong - you are correct!

Edited by khaide612
I'm an idiot. :)

You're welcome! I only knew this because I just booked a suite this week and my TA verified that when she read off the terms and conditions. Good thing I was actually listening to that long, rattling of words:D

I have to ask...... did you lose any perks when you got your price adjustment? We got in on the UDP and UBP with our booking. I didn't know if I would have to give that up if I asked to have a price adjustment. Congrats on your good luck!

I have to ask...... did you lose any perks when you got your price adjustment? We got in on the UDP and UBP with our booking. I didn't know if I would have to give that up if I asked to have a price adjustment. Congrats on your good luck!

I'm wondering the same. I also wondered about latitudes points. You get extra for booking more than 9 months before cruise. Do you keep those?