Hotel Help from fellow Canadians

sueandkent

I'm hoping a fellow Canadian can give me some advice. We were hoping to secure a hotel room pre and post cruise in FLL through Priceline at one of the great rates everybody raves about on here. When I was trying to do this however, it wouldn't allow non U.S. residents to book because you have to list your credit card billing address and of course their are no Canadian provinces listed among the choices.

Has anybody found a way around this? Is there another hotel bidding sight that accepts Canadian users?

If not, then is there a site you recommend for getting great prices?

Thanks for the help

As a Canadian I have used Priceline successfully on many occasions in fact just yesterday to secure a one night stay near Pearson Airport in Toronto for $40.00

First of all I have found that I am unable to use my Visa so I use Mastercard for all my Priceline bidding. If you go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com under Hotels FAQ there is a section about international bids and how to fool the address to seem like a US address.

I usually type my street address and city in the two lines reserved for address and then where it says city I type the province and use California as the drop down arrow and 99999 as the zip code. It is all explained in biddingfortravel hotel FAQ's.

In fact I plan on bidding this evening for a precuise hotel stay in Long Beach.

good Luck! Hope this helps

Emmy

As a Canadian I have used Priceline successfully on many occasions in fact just yesterday to secure a one night stay near Pearson Airport in Toronto for $40.00

First of all I have found that I am unable to use my Visa so I use Mastercard for all my Priceline bidding. If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com under Hotels FAQ there is a section about international bids and how to fool the address to seem like a US address.

I usually type my street address and city in the two lines reserved for address and then where it says city I type the province and use California as the drop down arrow and 99999 as the zip code. It is all explained in biddingfortravel hotel FAQ's.

In fact I plan on bidding this evening for a precuise hotel stay in Long Beach.

good Luck! Hope this helps

Emmy

This is excellent. I was trying to find the section where this technique is discussed but was unable to. I'm a new user for biddingfortravel. Hoping you can help me get to the specific page.

Also, where do you put your postal code?

Thanks for your help. I've been trying to figure this one out for ages!

This is excellent. I was trying to find the section where this technique is discussed but was unable to. I'm a new user for biddingfortravel. Hoping you can help me get to the specific page.

Also, where do you put your postal code?

Thanks for your help. I've been trying to figure this one out for ages!

I do not use my postal code. I enter 99999 where it says zip code . Let me know how it works out.

Emmy :)

I have used Priceline also, using MasterCard. You put your address and where it states "State" put CA (for California) and "Zip Code" put 99999. Everything is done through email nothing is mailed to you. If accepted take copies of everything and bring with you. I always call the hotel at a later date to confirm the reservation.

Archived