Breakaway Haven Questions

acharris1

Hi, everyone. We'll be staying in the Haven section of the Breakaway for the first time, and I've got questions. :)

* Our room is 16720, S4, two-bedroom family villa. Is there a pulldown bed above the sofa bed in the second bedroom? It doesn't look like it in the pictures, but I thought I read somewhere there was one.

* With room 16720, from the deck plans, it appears that the Haven courtyard and lounge is literally right outside our door. Is this actually the case?

* Is internet included with the Haven suites?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, everyone. We'll be staying in the Haven section of the Breakaway for the first time, and I've got questions. :)

* Our room is 16720, S4, two-bedroom family villa. Is there a pulldown bed above the sofa bed in the second bedroom? It doesn't look like it in the pictures, but I thought I read somewhere there was one.

There wasn't on the Epic - but didn't see this cabin on the Breakaway. We had the aft suite.

* With room 16720, from the deck plans, it appears that the Haven courtyard and lounge is literally right outside our door. Is this actually the case?

Pretty much! There is a hallway that runs along just out side the Haven lounge area - your room is on that hallway.

* Is internet included with the Haven suites?

No :(

Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps!

I thought of two more questions, lol.

* Is there a special spa just for Haven guests? If so, is the price included in your suite or is it extra?

* Is there a special fitness center just for Haven guests?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info! I've been reading differing opinions on the dress code for the Manhattan Room. Are shorts allowed or not allowed?

Shorts are not allowed at dinner in the dining room.

* Is there a special spa just for Haven guests? If so, is the price included in your suite or is it extra?

There is a small spa area - the services are charged separately.

Yes - but again it's small.

Thanks again!

Pretty sure only "spa cabins" have the spa services included - but since we aren't spa folks maybe someone else can confirm. ;)

Pretty sure only "spa cabins" have the spa services included - but since we aren't spa folks maybe someone else can confirm. ;)

I didn't realize there is a fitness area for haven guests. What IS included? I know I've seen pics of treadmill on some older ships but not breakaway.

I didn't realize there is a fitness area for haven guests. What IS included? I know I've seen pics of treadmill on some older ships but not breakaway.

To be honest I never looked on the Breakaway. But on the Epic there was a small room with a few machines - treadmills, climber and maybe an elliptical.

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

S4 - Haven Villa 16720

Yes, there is a pull down bed. See the inset in the ceiling? They open that up for you and WOOP! A bed comes down.

Also, the suites do not open right into the Haven. There is a hallway- so you cannot run from your room and jump right in to the pool...which may disappoint some!!

have a great trip- let us know how you like the suite!

I have heard that it is really quiet at night.

Edited by DrNora

Thanks again!

To clarify, shorts are not allowed in the Manhattan Room but ARE allowed in the other dining rooms and specialty restaurants except Le Bistro.

There is a "special spa" located at the end of the Haven pool area which is just a sauna. I looked for the special fitness center and never did find it. I have heard that Haven's on other ships do have a few pieces of equipment for Haven use.

The only spa amenity in the Haven is a his/hers (1) sauna. If you are in a two bedroom suite, you would need to purchase the spa pass for each person wishing to use the facility. Shorts can be worn in the Haven Restaurant for breakfast, lunch & dinner. We saw a lots of people wearing shorts last week.

there is no pulldown bed in the 2nd BR--there is a couch for sleeping in living room --there are also 3 tvs-

No automatic access to the spa

There IS a pulldown in the suite 16720- I posted a picture of it.

16722 does NOT have one.

The pull down will not be pulled down unless you ask the room steward to do it. If you look at the Flickr picture I posted earlier, you can see the little lock in the ceiling. The guest cannot open it themselves. Note that this is a picture of the actual suite the OP is asking about.

Edited by DrNora
wrote nut instead of note~

Just off Breakaway today and my son slept on the pull down bed from the ceiling over the couch in the small bedroom. My kids and best friends and kid were in the 2 bedroom. We were in the DOS and everything was really great. The Haven is awesome, great retreat even if the ship is full you have some quiet space.

• With room 16720, from the deck plans, it appears that the Haven courtyard and lounge is literally right outside our door. Is this actually the case?

There is a hallway between your suite and the lounge. We found this location a lot of fun.

There are "Spa/Massage" rooms, you can order spa services in the Haven, but the Breakaway spa is beautiful and very scenic. Not included. Also steam rooms and saunas on the pool level

Very nice fitness center with windows overlooking the Haven Pool Area

Edited by SMerritt

Just off Breakaway today and my son slept on the pull down bed from the ceiling over the couch in the small bedroom. My kids and best friends and kid were in the 2 bedroom. We were in the DOS and everything was really great. The Haven is awesome, great retreat even if the ship is full you have some quiet space.

Which one were you in? Did you hear noise from he OS next door through the movable wall?

There is no equipment in the Breakaway Haven area. You can access the gym on the 15th deck (in the Haven) by going through some glass doors.

So you can see into the haven pool area from the gym? Another poster made it sound like you can be on equipment looking out to haven pool.

So glad you had a great trip! Sorry to divert (not hijack!:) this thread, but we had nice 'conversations' about the DOS and our trips some time ago!

Ok...back to the thread!

Which one were you in? Did you hear noise from he OS next door through the movable wall?

I was in the DOS on the starboard side in July (can't remember the #) and we could occasionally hear noise through the removable wall. Nothing terrible, but I was a little surprised!