What comes in an msc room service breakfast?

Bra_BE2014

Do i get to chose the content? Is it worth it or is better to just go to the restaurant or buffet? Sorry for the silly question but it is a short cruise and i want to plan it out and make the most of it! Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bra_BE2014

Do i get to chose the content? Is it worth it or is better to just go to the restaurant or buffet? Sorry for the silly question but it is a short cruise and i want to plan it out and make the most of it! Thanks in advance!

There's a breakfast menu in your cabin which needs to be filled in and placed outside your cabin door before 2am. It has a list of items which you place a tick beside. The items include:

Coffee, tea, hot milk, cold milk, hot chocolate (comes as a sachet so order hot milk for same!), cereals to include corn flakes, rice krispies, muesli, bread rolls, brioche, croissants, yoghurt, jams & marmalade and juices.

You can also choose the time you wish to have breakfast delivered - it is set out in 15 minute time slots which you also tick eg if you want your breakfast by 8am choose 7.45-8am time slot.

Edited by Beamafar

I am sure I can look this up - on it has been answered before - but many things still confuse me....room service free - or we have to pay? I always enjoy coffee , fruit, and croissant on balcony in morning....of course we tip - but is ere an additional charge?

Thanks a lot Beamafar! Also motownvoice, On Msc, the room service is only included if you buy 'fantastica' type cabin or higher. The 'bella' type doesn't include it so you have tp pay extra. Happy cruising!

Edited by Bra_BE2014

Thanks a lot Beamafar! Also motownvoice, On Msc, the room service is only included if you buy 'fantastica' type cabin or higher. The 'bella' type doesn't include it so you have tp pay extra. Happy cruising!

I think room service is included in the US, like on all other cruise ships here.

Hi seaya52, i booked a balcony with 'bella' service. the difference is the 'fantastica' gets cabins in higher decks, free RS and priority choice in seating for dinner. But I didnt feel the need to pay €200 more for that. I believe this system is applicable only for cruises leaving as of 04/14. Hope it helps!

I do both room service and MDR breakfast. I get tea and a bread roll fro room service and have it on my balcony as I wake up. I then go down to MDr an hour later for an omelette.

Now thats smart! Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

On Msc, the room service is only included if you buy 'fantastica' type cabin or higher. The 'bella' type doesn't include it so you have tp pay extra. Happy cruising!

Wait a minute. You have to pay more......because you paid less?

lol

:confused:

Here are the two "experiences":

BELLA Experience

COMFORT

· Dream cruises on board modern ships with the Masters of the sea

· Elegant cabins equipped with every convenience

FOOD & WINE BENEFITS

· Premium 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)

· Wide variety of special restaurants serving Mediterranean and international dishes

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

· Broadway-style theatre shows available almost every day

· Pool area

· Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking Track, Basketball…)

Click here to download the Benefit Chart

· Extremely well-equipped gym with panoramic view

· Entertainment activities

· Entertainment for infants and children (Clubs…)

SERVICES

· Qualified multilingual personnel

FLEXIBILITY

· Preference of cabin* (subject to availability)

· Choice of dinner seating (subject to availability)

OTHER PRIVILEGES

· Earn MSC Club points

*For further details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions

FANTASTICA Experience

COMFORT

· Superior comfort ensured by free 24-hour room service (delivery is free)

· Breakfast in your cabin (delivery + breakfast are free)

FOOD & WINE BENEFITS

· Wide variety of special restaurants serving Mediterranean and international dishes

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

· Pool area

· 50% discount on fitness classes (e.g. yoga) and personal trainer (subject to availability)

· Recreational activities for children: foreign language learning games and Master Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability)

SERVICES

FLEXIBILITY

· Opportunity to choose among the best cabins available

· Maximum flexibility in booking** (changing passenger name, changing dates, lower cancellation fee)

· Opportunity to book a Super-Family cabin for the whole family (where this cabin type is available)

· Priority in choice of dinner seating

OTHER PRIVILEGES

· Earn MSC Club points

As you can see, room service breakfast will only be available free when the Fantastica experience is booked.

I do both room service and MDR breakfast. I get tea and a bread roll fro room service and have it on my balcony as I wake up. I then go down to MDr an hour later for an omelette.

Yes - that is what I do...I have to have some quiet time on my balcony with coffee....and a little something..before I head out - and then eat something else for breakfast....We even have a coffee station in or bedroom at home - haha

• Like 1

Here are the two "experiences":

BELLA Experience

COMFORT

FOOD & WINE BENEFITS

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

· Pool area

SERVICES

FLEXIBILITY

OTHER PRIVILEGES

· Earn MSC Club points

*For further details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions

FANTASTICA Experience

COMFORT

· Superior comfort ensured by free 24-hour room service (delivery is free)

· Breakfast in your cabin (delivery + breakfast are free)

FOOD & WINE BENEFITS

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

· Pool area

· 50% discount on fitness classes (e.g. yoga) and personal trainer (subject to availability)

· Recreational activities for children: foreign language learning games and Master Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability)

SERVICES

FLEXIBILITY

· Opportunity to choose among the best cabins available

· Maximum flexibility in booking** (changing passenger name, changing dates, lower cancellation fee)

· Opportunity to book a Super-Family cabin for the whole family (where this cabin type is available)

· Priority in choice of dinner seating

OTHER PRIVILEGES

· Earn MSC Club points

As you can see, room service breakfast will only be available free when the Fantastica experience is booked.

I wasn't offered a choice between these 2 experiences when I booked my cruise last November. I am cruising in May from Venice. Is this something new?

I wasn't offered a choice between these 2 experiences when I booked my cruise last November. I am cruising in May from Venice. Is this something new?

Yes it comes into effect from April. It's not clear what happens to bookings made prior to the "experiences" being introduced but cruising after.

Could be you get what you booked under or you could end up with the experience that goes with the cabin booked. Time will tell.

From the MSC website it seems these levels apply from their Winter schedule onwards. Bookings for sailings up until then are priced as usual whereas you get a choice of the new "experiences" from late November sailings

From the MSC website it seems these levels apply from their Winter schedule onwards. Bookings for sailings up until then are priced as usual whereas you get a choice of the new "experiences" from late November sailings

Thanks for the explanation on these new options.

I confirm this. I am also registered to a French Cruise forum and re: charges for breakfast in bedroom were a bit confusing for me. These tariff levels already apply for people booking through MSC Croisières (FR) for example. Here the response from MSC Cruise UK:

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your email. Your booking is not made under the new experiences product that MSC Cruises are now offering. This is avaliable for winter 2014/2015 selected departures only. We can confirm continental breakfast in your cabin will be at no extra charge. However, any other room service will be charged on-board Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, MSC Cruises UK and IRL.

Akea

• Like 1

I confirm this. I am also registered to a French Cruise forum and re: charges for breakfast in bedroom were a bit confusing for me. These tariff levels already apply for people booking through MSC Croisières (FR) for example. Here the response from MSC Cruise UK:

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your email. Your booking is not made under the new experiences product that MSC Cruises are now offering. This is avaliable for winter 2014/2015 selected departures only. We can confirm continental breakfast in your cabin will be at no extra charge. However, any other room service will be charged on-board Should you require any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind regards, MSC Cruises UK and IRL.

Akea

I noticed a post from someone else living in France stating that the hotel charge was also compulsory when booking with MSC France. Perhaps they have different pricing structures to other countries. Continental breakfast had never incurred a charge before the new "Experiences".

• Like 1

I noticed a post from someone else living in France stating that the hotel charge was also compulsory when booking with MSC France. Perhaps they have different pricing structures to other countries. Continental breakfast had never incurred a charge before the new "Experiences".

Indeed, for MSC, each country has differences. In a thread I have created in that French forum, some users have mentioned by booking in Germany, children were travelling for free while booking in France, people have to pay port taxes.