Carnival Sunshine 7 day or Disney 4 day?

woohoo1

i know carnival and disney are two major different cruise lines. besides the money difference and ive been told disney is 5 star and carnival is a 2 star? what do u all think is worth doing. carnival sunshine for 7 days or disney dream for 4. thankyou

We have sailed both Disney and Carnival. LOVED Disney but it is very pricey. It was a 5 star experience. We also loved out carnival cruise (which was on the Legend). It was not a 5 star experience, more imo of about a 3 star but we had a great time!

Honestly the Disney was our 1st cruise. It was the BEST family vacation we had ever taken to that point. But, every other cruise has been awesome too. I wanted to go back to Disney but the prices have kept me away.

7 days for sure

a 4 day- no sooner are you onboard relaxing its time to pack it up.

Disney is very highly rated but so very expensive.

if your 8 year old likes monkeys check out the monkey farms in roatan

Definitely the Dream! We did the 4 night with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is amazing!!! Your 8 year old will love it! The ship pools are tiny which was just about the only disappointment. The Aquaduck water slide was a blast. I vote Disney all the way!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Remember lots of free things to do on Castaway Cay! I think we only spent $8 to rent a raft! Free BBQ buffet and soft drink and other non-alcoholic beverages which is quite a perk!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 2 lines are not that different. Where Disney excels are the rooms and the stage shows. The rooms on Disney are larger and have partitions the bunks are over the pull out couch and the parents have a separate bed area. the stage shows on Disney are over the top and are excellent. Carnival excels on the water park and the pools. There really is so much to do on the Sunshine. The I would not rate Disney a 5 star.... I found Princess to be better overall... My kids preferred carnival over Disney and I would definitely book the 7 day over the shorter one.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have young ones or if you are a Disney fan, I would choose Disney hands down over Carnival. We have taken our grandsons on two Disney and 1 Carnival cruise and will take them on another Carnival in July. In July if you are sailing in the Caribbean, your choices are just about only Disney or Carnival. Disney does everything better than anyone else. The detail is tremendous. Children are treated like kings and queens. No comparison. The private island is marvelous. The cabins are great. The food is great. Hands down, Disney. The only reason we are doing Carnival again is for the itinerary. We want the boys to see some Mayan temples.

i know carnival and disney are two major different cruise lines. besides the money difference and ive been told disney is 5 star and carnival is a 2 star? what do u all think is worth doing. carnival sunshine for 7 days or disney dream for 4. thankyou

I am flat crazy about Disney... but getting a suite for 7 days instead of a balcony for 4 is a no brainer... That was the comparison I recenlty had. Since Disney stopped going to Mexico it was even easyer...

For all the crap I heard about Carnival, including from me, I had the best damn time!

THe ONLY thin that was missing was a big ol movie screen on deck somewhere so I could drink and watch cartoons.

I agree with the posters who say 7 days on Carnival is better than 4 on Disney, BUT it depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. I found the service on Disney to be equal to that on Carnival. The shows are much better on Disney, but it's much harder to get a seat to the shows because of it (just get there early!). I found the food to be better on Carnival, but the themed restaurants on Disney are amazing. The rooms are better on Disney. The Aquaduck was neat, but it doesn't go that fast, and it's hard to see out of the clear sides (because of all the water in your face), so I didn't find it all that exciting. Carnival's water slides are better. You get fireworks and a fantastic pirate show on deck on pirate night on the Disney ship. Carnival will be starting a pirate night soon, but probably without the fireworks. Castaway Cay is amazing. Since your child is 8, you might want to do Disney now, then try a Carnival cruise when they are a little older (because they WILL want to cruise again!)

Edited by moobear67

We've done both. We live in Orlando and are annual pass holders. We also have gone to California the last two years to Disneyland...I say that to show you how Disney we are.... But my kids hated the Disney cruise and don't want to go back. I did like their shows and food but the pools and such as well as childcare is better on Carnival IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Disney! We have done 3 Carnival cruises, and 1 Disney. While I enjoyed the carnival cruises and will cruise Carnival again. Disney blew Carnival out of the water in almost every possible way! Experience the difference and you will be hooked on the mouse!