Towel Animals on Princess? Yes, No or maybe?

Nightowl11

On RC, with my three grand kids, the room steward used the kids sun glass on the elephant and the next animal he used their t-shirts. Kids like it, and he did get them out of the drawers.

In 26 Princess cruises only had towel animals once. This was not asked for or expected. One day in passing mentioned to room steward that we never had a towel animal. That night there was one waiting on our bed when we returned for the evening and every night there after there was another "animal" waiting for us:D.

In 26 Princess cruises only had towel animals once. This was not asked for or expected. One day in passing mentioned to room steward that we never had a towel animal. That night there was one waiting on our bed when we returned for the evening and every night there after there was another "animal" waiting for us:D.

So we are both on par. :D

Wow... thats a dissapointment. On our HAL cruise last year in June to Alaska, our Steward placed a towel animal on our bed EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I loved coming back to our room to see what new creation he had left. This was really one of the highlights for me.

At least now I wont be dissapointed on our cruise next week now that I know. Havent even started the cruise yet and HAL is already winning by 1 point. HAL 1, Princess 0.

Boo on no towel animals.

So we are both on par. :D

Right on;)

We had a towel animal every night on our March 3013 caribbean cruise on the Ruby Princess. It was just my husband and I in our cabin and we did not request them. I thought they were cute, and the steward did not use any of our personal items as props.

We have had towel animals only two times on Princess, and that's fine with me. The first time was because we came back in the evening, very tired, and our room was not made up. I was obviously very angry when the steward finally came. We went out onto the balcony while he was working. When we came back into the room there was a bulldog sitting on our bed. I think he did it to apologize.

The second time we were in the Grand Suite on the Star in Alaska. We came back one evening to find an animal on one of the shelves in the living room, and one beside the flowers in the entry. We put them both on shelves, and thanked our steward. They stayed there for the rest of the cruise and were rather cute.

But overall I do not expect or appreciate them. It just seems like a waste of the steward's valuable time. They work hard enough without having to make something that is often not appreciated.

I had a really bad experience on another line (not HAL) where the cabin steward went through the drawers to find something to put on the animal. Ever since then, if I get a towel animal, I throw it in the corner or in the trash, even on HAL although HAL is very good about not using your stuff to "decorate" the animal. An over-reaction, I know, but I felt so violated when someone went through my drawers and took my personal stuff that I can't stand the thought of a towel animal.

I would have reported something like that. There really is no reason or excuse for going through your belongings!

On RC, with my three grand kids, the room steward used the kids sun glass on the elephant and the next animal he used their t-shirts. Kids like it, and he did get them out of the drawers.
No cabin steward should ever, for any reason, open any passenger drawer other than with Security present in the event of a medical or other emergency.

No cabin steward should ever, for any reason, open any passenger drawer other than with Security present in the event of a medical or other emergency.

Allow me to second that. If the sunglasses are sitting out, fine. Never open a drawer or closet door.

Following this posting, I went to Google images to see more of these towel animals. Granted amateur photos, but a full third are not identifiable as any particular animal at all to me. Some were elephants and some were puppies and some were mythic beasts from a 13th century bestiaries -- I guess.

M

Agreed! I would never request my already busy steward to make towel animals, but if traveling with my kids and the steward decided to do it on his/her own as a treat for the kids? That would deserve extra tips and one of the Consummate Host cards.

I agree. I would rather have my ice bucket filled and towels refreshed than asking someone to go above and beyond for a towel animal without some recognition.

No, no towel animals on Princess. Never had one on Princess, don't want it. If you request a towel animal and your cabin steward does it, that's a special request. I'd tip extra for that.

Pam,

I agree with you to tip extra for towel animals. Our room steward did a few on a 30 day cruise, but we told him to save them an give them to someone else in hopes to get extra tips, that we were already giving him extra tips and he need not do that for us..,like they don't have enough to do!