Heading to Costa Maya and 3 ships in port.

Troy McClure

I just booked my week on the Epic and looking at the port calendar there will be 3 ships in port that day. I am hoping to get some chairs at the Tropicante but I am pretty late to the party.

For those who have been, it seems like a small port to have 3 ships at once especially with the Epic holding 4000.

Suggested Alternatives to the Tropicante?

I have been to Costa Maya multiple times. I have never been with more than two ships in port though.

I would recommend checking into Maya Chan. They limit the number of guests and it is a very relaxing beach day.

Others have recommended Almaplena(sp?) for better water (prettier).

Edited by eargal

We just got back from Costa Maya with three ships in port. We went to Tropicante. Great time! Steve is wonderful, very accommodating and wants to make sure every thing is going well for your group. Our group of eight were there for about 5 hours. It was not over crowded. His staff is wonderful too. We had lunch and drinks! Only wish we could have stayed there longer.

• 1 month later...
I just booked my week on the Epic and looking at the port calendar there will be 3 ships in port that day. I am hoping to get some chairs at the Tropicante but I am pretty late to the party.

For those who have been, it seems like a small port to have 3 ships at once especially with the Epic holding 4000.

Troy

How do I find out how many other ships will be in port?

Thank you

Loved the all-inclusive of Nohoch Kay -- booked it for $50 through Island Marketing. Very clean, very pretty, good food, unlimited beverages, reserved chairs and palapas, shaded open air restaurant, bathroom facilities, walk out snorkeling and swimming, great bi-lingual staff, super service, limited number of people allowed. Highly recommend.

Edited by vabchtraveler

• 2 weeks later...
Loved the all-inclusive of Nohoch Kay -- booked it for $50 through Island Marketing. Very clean, very pretty, good food, unlimited beverages, reserved chairs and palapas, shaded open air restaurant, bathroom facilities, walk out snorkeling and swimming, great bi-lingual staff, super service, limited number of people allowed. Highly recommend.

Great to hear...We booked this resort while we are there in August.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app