Just off Legend of the Seas (following Allure) and the survey says...

I'm doing 28 days (back to back cruises) on Legend in Asia in November next year. I'm thinking I will like the ship. Just worried about the repeating of entertainment ob the 2nd cruise.

Jon Daniels

She is a well maintained older ship and we enjoyed our March 2014 Panama Canal sailing.

My only disappointment with LOS was the "very" small gym. This was a big issue for me since I use the gym daily whenever I cruise. But I understand this may not be a concern for most since the ship's itineraries do generally cater to an older demographic. (note: I am no spring chicken, but I try to stay healthy)

Happy sailing!

She is a well maintained older ship and we enjoyed our March 2014 Panama Canal sailing.

My only disappointment with LOS was the "very" small gym. This was a big issue for me since I use the gym daily whenever I cruise. But I understand this may not be a concern for most since the ship's itineraries do generally cater to an older demographic. (note: I am no spring chicken, but I try to stay healthy)

Happy sailing!

We were on Legend for 13 days last year, and had no problems with being able to use the equipment when we wanted. However, like you say, the demographic was older, likely because of the length of the cruise.

On the Legend last January with a southern Caribbean itinerary also and totally thought your review was spot on. Didn't find too much late night happening. Actually closed down the Park Cafe one night. We would look for late night things to do. Loved the Centrum shows. Reminded us somewhat of Aqua Theater shows with the limited performance area to do it. Our latest cruise prior to the Legend was also Allure. For us it was more about the itinerary.

Had two issues. Both fixed within minutes of reporting them.: 1. the shower head had very little flow. 2. With any movement of the ship, our room literally squeaked all night long. We tried putting bits of paper in the celling. It became obvious we were not the first to experience this. Found all kinds of things put in crevices to fix the squeak. Even a swizzle stick! DH said we needed WD40!. Maintenance came, and yep, had his can of WD40. :) within minutes it was fixed and stayed that way.

Thanks again for your review and your pictures.

Edited by denamo

I'm glad our room didn't squeak. If they sprayed WD40 in the same room as my wife they'd be giving us a different room. She'd be gagging!

Yes, lack of late night activities. Wish Royal brought back some of the old day cruising events and games (At least one Gala buffet, or WJ open late at night for snacks; Horse Racing by pool, earn shipshape dollars for exercise participation). Most of all...I wish I was back onboard instead of at work now!

We were on Legend for 13 days last year, and had no problems with being able to use the equipment when we wanted.

Yes, it also depends on the time of day. Between 6am and 8am the gym always seemed busy on my cruise.

By the way, thank you for your many posts on CC. I always find your comments helpful.

Brian

Yes, it also depends on the time of day. Between 6am and 8am the gym always seemed busy on my cruise.

By the way, thank you for your many posts on CC. I always find your comments helpful.

Brian

You're welcome.

You are quite correct about the time of day in the gym, and I should have mentioned that. We generally go to the gym at lunchtime to avoid the morning rush.

Fantastic Voyage - An excellent trip all around 10 days with stops in Tortola, St.Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Croix. I had many reservations about taking the smallest ship (and 2nd oldest in the fleet) after a holiday trip on the Allure but I have to say we had an excellent time.

We love the "smaller" ships and doubt if we will ever go on the big ships - too big and too many people. We did the TA to Copenhagen on Legend in April. The 1st week the entertainment was absolutely wonderful. The 2nd week, not so much. Loved all the views outside from inside the ship. My only complaint was that there was not enough seating inside when the day(s) weren't fit to be outside.