HELP!! Summitt INFO/Transfers

jetboy

I'm having a bit of a panic, just booked the Summitt for November and have booked my return flight back to New York leaving at 1155. Will this give me enough time to make the flight getting off the ship as I then have a connection onto London??.

Also I have booked Aqua class which I know I can use the Blue restaurant, is it correct there is not a first and second sitting you can just turn up at any time for a table, obviously I understand there may be a wait at peak times??

Is it correct the ship departs from the Pam Am Pier?/

Many thanks in advance....

I'm having a bit of a panic, just booked the Summitt for November and have booked my return flight back to New York leaving at 1155. Will this give me enough time to make the flight getting off the ship as I then have a connection onto London??.

Also I have booked Aqua class which I know I can use the Blue restaurant, is it correct there is not a first and second sitting you can just turn up at any time for a table, obviously I understand there may be a wait at peak times??

We were on the Summit in January. Yes, it's at the Pan Am Pier.

We used the self disembarkation, and we could have been at the airport easily by 9 if we wanted. We went to Old San Juan instead. I think you'll be fine, at least if you do self-disembark. I'll let someone else speak to the traditional disembarkation where you leave your luggage out then go find it the next morning. I know that sometimes there are issues and people don't get off the ship on time, but I think Celebrity says not to book a flight before 12, and 11:55 is practically that.

Yes, Blu is whenever you want to show up "anytime" dining. We never had more than a 5 minute wait.

I hope you have a great cruise! We loved the Summit.

Oh, and your post title mentioned transfers. I should say that we just hopped in a taxi. There were tons at the pier. I think that would be faster as well.

Make a note not to forget this -- there is an extra check-in step you must go through in San Juan -- your bag has to pass through an agriculture screening, like a standard x-ray process that only takes a few minutes but it is a separate line, so don't stand in line to check into the flight and then find out that you have to leave that queue to go to the agriculture screening line. Go there first.

We were on the Summit in January and had an 11:50 flight out. Celebrity asks you to fill out a disembarkation form listing your flight so they can assign your departure time. We were in the first group off the ship. A tip to move through customs quicker is to use a porter. They take you to a separate line that is shorter. We grabbed a taxi and were at the airport by 9:00. Have the taxi drop you at the agriculture inspection area. Ours dropped us off by our airline and we had to walk several doors down to the ag. inspection. Not a big deal but saves lugging your bags around for no reason. Not much to do at the airport but I like to get through security before the crowds hit.

Our flight was scheduled for 11h30AM. Celebrity gave us a 7h15 time slot. We don't check any luggage at the airline or put our small carry-ons out the night before.

We decided it was too early so headed down at 8h00 to get off the ship. We didn't have to hunt for our luggage so once through the customs line headed straight out to get a taxi. Then, without checking luggage we were through security and at our gate and it was not even 9h00 AM yet.

Hint: Previous post was very important -if checking luggage don't forget the AG inspection. (not necessary for carry-on only)

And: Take a private taxi so no waiting around for others to fill a bus. $23 USD for both of us.