Can I courtesy hold an upgrade?

I would like to upgrade on an upcoming cruise that I am already booked on. I would like to place a courtesy hold on the cabin that I want to upgrade to while on hold for 2 hrs for an agent to pick up the phone. Has anyone done this?

I would like to upgrade on an upcoming cruise that I am already booked on. I would like to place a courtesy hold on the cabin that I want to upgrade to while on hold for 2 hrs for an agent to pick up the phone. Has anyone done this?

Yes, I've recently done this because the cabins have been going so quickly. You will be given a new (Courtesy Hold) booking number that will be different from your current booking number. When RCL finally answer's their phone, tell them the courtesy hold booking number and they will change the cabin to your current booking.

On my upcoming June cruise, I have had 3 different booking numbers. Not because of the courtesy hold, but for various other reasons that they needed to re-book the whole reservation. It's been a mess making sure my discounts and on board credits transfer correctly.

NOTE: I am before final payment, not sure if this applies if you are after final payment.

Edited by SueW

Yes..easy to do..I just did this a week ago..late one night I saw the FOV on our upcoming May Alaska become available for less than the usually 5 min # required to book it and at a lower price than the booked two connecting OV cabins they had...I put the 24 hour courtesy hold on and called RCI the next morning with the hold booking # and they made the change for our family members. You're hold will be for 24 hours so you'll have time to finally get through..I had better luck getting through to the C&A D+ desk. Best of luck.

Can Diamond members call the C & A desk for reservations upgrades?

Of course why not give it a try...Try anything to get through since RCI is and will be very busy until this ongoing promotion is over...but wait...then some new schedules will be coming out this week..Oh dear...best of luck.