Soda Card Information Needed

I was hoping someone could clarify the soda card policy. I can't seem to find any recent information on how the cards work. On our last cruise, June 2013 Maasdam, we were given cans of soda. We purchased our card for $25 and received $50 worth of soda. Now I have heard various reports of only fountain soda being allowed. We are sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam this Sunday and would like to know if we need to stop to get soda before boarding. Also, if anyone knows the current prices of fountain soda and canned soda that would be helpful as well. Thanks for any current information.

I was hoping someone could clarify the soda card policy. I can't seem to find any recent information on how the cards work. On our last cruise, June 2013 Maasdam, we were given cans of soda. We purchased our card for $25 and received $50 worth of soda. Now I have heard various reports of only fountain soda being allowed. We are sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam this Sunday and would like to know if we need to stop to get soda before boarding. Also, if anyone knows the current prices of fountain soda and canned soda that would be helpful as well. Thanks for any current information.

Yes, the soda card is only for fountain soda. We used to be able to get cans, also, but our last cruise we asked, and they said we could only get it by the glass with the soda card.

A can of soda is $1.95 + 15% gratuity = $2.25.

A glass of soda is $1.50 + 15% gratuity = $1.73.

A glass is roughly equal to 1/2 a can.

A glass is roughly equal to 1/2 a can.
You can maximise the value of the soda card by asking that they don't put ice in the drink. If it does come from the gun, it's cold already. Plus you can always ask for a separate glass of ice on the side.

On our last cruise, we almost failed to get through one $50 card in the week between the two of us.