Imagination and Port Questions

wantingpj

Another question......this cruise....it will be the 4 of us... myself ( Daddy ), Mommy and our 2 kids....10 yrs old and 6 yrs old. Like normal, we decided to do assigned Dinner at the 6pm seating. Given the way that kids can be....and many of you probably know what I'm talking about...I prefer to have a table to ourselves.

For Cruisers with kids......is it common for the Dining Room to assign your Party to a Table with other Families and/or Couples/etc?

When we board the ship, I will try to head over to the Dining room to see if I can request a Table for 4....but I was wondering how they usually handle this when it comes to seating.

Is the time that we board the ship the earliest we can request this?

or

Is it possible to request this before we arrive to the port?

You can now charge Bingo cards to your S&S card.

Go to the MDR and ask the staff about your table, usually around 1pm. If a large table maybe they know the ages of the others. They really try to put like to like. We once at with a family whose children were around the same ages as ours.

Know that the table assignment might not be changed the first night nor changed at all.

• 1 month later...

Interesting, I called the QM to find out about our Thursday embarkation and the front desk attendant told me they no longer do check in. I'm sure if I call back I might get a different answer from someone else. DM and I are doing FTF so it doesn't matter either way. Any idea what time FTF/Platinum guests can check in?

Early in your post you were asking about having breakfast on the Queen Mary after staying at the Maya. I cruised the Inspiration last month and for the 1st time stayed at the Maya (it was quite nice BTW). Anyway, we had a lovely breakfast right at the Maya. Then went back to get our room to get our luggage, hoped on the shuttle and were checked in and on the ship before 11. We did not pay for breakfast, it was included, but I don't recall if that was because of a Hilton Honors perk or if it just came with the Carnival package.

Think about how easy it would be to just eat breakfast at the Maya and get onboard asap. We went over to the Queen Mary the night before and had dinner as we wanted to take a look too. Just some suggestions that certainly worked wonderfully for us.

• 1 month later...

:bump:

I haven't cruised in awhile and gonna be cruising on the Imagination soon. I forgot who we need to tip and how much.

I recall that we should be tipping our Room attendant, our Waiter and the Head Maitre'd for the Dining Room.....am I missing anyone?

How much do you recommend for tipping?

In regards to the Long Beach Parking Garage.....how far is the main Parking Structure to the main check in? I'm wondering if I should drop off the Family and luggage at the terminal and then park...or if we are close enough to just all walk over.

Does the Imagination have an unlimited Soda to purchase?

Edited by CableKC

One more thing......is there an exercise class that is offered for Women at the gym on the Imagination?

If so, is there any cost to it to sign up?

I figure that we can probably do some exercising when the kids to Camp Carnival. I plan to hit the Track....but I figure that my wife would enjoy that.

Edited by CableKC

:bump:

I haven't cruised in awhile and gonna be cruising on the Imagination soon. I forgot who we need to tip and how much.

I recall that we should be tipping our Room attendant, our Waiter and the Head Maitre'd for the Dining Room.....am I missing anyone?

How much do you recommend for tipping?

In regards to the Long Beach Parking Garage.....how far is the main Parking Structure to the main check in? I'm wondering if I should drop off the Family and luggage at the terminal and then park...or if we are close enough to just all walk over.

Does the Imagination have an unlimited Soda to purchase?

The porters for luggage drop-off is on the bottom level of the parking garage. The parking garage is about 100 yards from the dome (where check-in is located). We park close to the elevators (at the south east corner of the structure - just aim for the front of the ship) and take our luggage down.

Tipping is $11.50/person/day. Either you prepay it or it is added onto your S&S account. We give extra tips for room service ($2), to our room steward and his assistants and wait staff. No need to tip Maitre d', unless he does something extraordinary for you.

The porters for luggage drop-off is on the bottom level of the parking garage. The parking garage is about 100 yards from the dome (where check-in is located). We park close to the elevators (at the south east corner of the structure - just aim for the front of the ship) and take our luggage down.

Tipping is $11.50/person/day. Either you prepay it or it is added onto your S&S account. We give extra tips for room service ($2), to our room steward and his assistants and wait staff. No need to tip Maitre d', unless he does something extraordinary for you.

Thanks for the info.

The last time I did a cruise....and we are talking several years...I recall that we had to give Tips by envelopes with Cash while giving it to the Room Attendant, the Head waiter of our Table, etc. I know that there was a certain percentage that we gave....whatever is considered the Minimum for each person....and a little more for those that really took care of us. But is this Pre-Pay option automatically added to your Bill at the end? or Do we have the option to simply give Cash to those that helped us?

I really forget how this is done:confused:

Edited by CableKC

Thanks for the info.

The last time I did a cruise....and we are talking several years...I recall that we had to give Tips by envelopes with Cash while giving it to the Room Attendant, the Head waiter of our Table, etc. I know that there was a certain percentage that we gave....whatever is considered the Minimum for each person....and a little more for those that really took care of us. But is this Pre-Pay option automatically added to your Bill at the end? or Do we have the option to simply give Cash to those that helped us?

I really forget how this is done:confused:

There are no more envelopes. Tips are as I said: prepaid before your cruise or added onto the S&S invoice daily throughout the cruise. These tips go to not only your cabin stewards and the DR waitstaff, but also to the waitstaff up at the buffet and some behind the scene people.

There are long discussions whether or not to remove these tips and then pay the staff you want to. If you really want to remove the tips and pay the people you want to, you will need to go to Guest Services and have them remove the tips.

This is how tips are distributed:

Stateroom Services - $ 3.70/day

Dining Room Services - $ 5.80/day

Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members - $ 2.00/day

There are no more envelopes. Tips are as I said: prepaid before your cruise or added onto the S&S invoice daily throughout the cruise. These tips go to not only your cabin stewards and the DR waitstaff, but also to the waitstaff up at the buffet and some behind the scene people.

There are long discussions whether or not to remove these tips and then pay the staff you want to. If you really want to remove the tips and pay the people you want to, you will need to go to Guest Services and have them remove the tips.

This is how tips are distributed:

Stateroom Services - $ 3.70/day

Dining Room Services - $ 5.80/day

Alternative Services: distributed to kitchen, entertainment, guest services and other hotel staff members - $ 2.00/day

Man....I've been out of the game too long. If you wanted to give someone a larger tip on top of the regular automatic that is charged to your bill.....what do you do?

Sorry, the more and more I plan for the cruise....the more and more questions I keep on thinking of.

I assume that when we are in port ( at Catalina and Ensenada ) that Camp Carnival is open and available for the Kid?

We don't plan on getting off the boat when we get to Ensenada and I'm thinking of cutting it short at Catalina....but I also wanted to see if they enjoy Camp Carnival with other kids earlier in the 4 night Cruise.

Edited by CableKC