Suggestion For Dinner Port Canaveral

lovetocruise75

We are taking our 6yo daughter on her first cruise April 13 aboard Freedom. We will be flying in to Orlando and landing at 3:40 on April 12. We have a private car and figure we should be checked in to the Country Inn and Suites Cocoa Beach by 5:30 or so.

Where can we get a good meal with a great view? We like simple, not stuck up. Just a fun place with great views and good food. Suggestions? Thanks!!

Fishlips Restaurant, Grills, or Rustys is all along the waterfront by Port Canaveral....you will be too late to see the day's cruise ships leave port but they are still great restaurants.

Our roll call is having a pre-cruise meet and greet at Fishlips on April 4th prior to our cruise on the Carnival Dream

We are taking our 6yo daughter on her first cruise April 13 aboard Freedom. We will be flying in to Orlando and landing at 3:40 on April 12. We have a private car and figure we should be checked in to the Country Inn and Suites Cocoa Beach by 5:30 or so.

Where can we get a good meal with a great view? We like simple, not stuck up. Just a fun place with great views and good food. Suggestions? Thanks!!

There is a place about two - three miles up A1A and then a turn onto the bypass called the Sunset Waterfront Grill & Bar

thumbnail.png2013-04-29

500 W Cocoa Beach Causeway, Cocoa Beach, FL

It has simple but good food and they do a musical program as the sun sets. It is pretty cool.

several places to eat along the water front. We did Fishlips in November before our Dream cruise. Food was ok but would I go back for it probably not.....we are not seafood eaters so we did nonseafood and it was not great......the view was awesome though......this is where one of the Port Canaveral webcams is located.....it was funny b/c I had it up on my phone while watching the actual ship leaving in person.

• 5 months later...

Anyone ever go to Coconuts on the Beach? I have been to fish lips the past three times to port canaveral and wanted to try something different? Heard Rusty's is good too but those places get way to crowded so wanted some where that may not be as busy

Coconuts is good if the weather is cooperating; it is right on the ocean beach so as long as there isn't too much wind (or rain) it is a fun place. If the wx is bad, they have tables inside but no windows to speak of so no view from inside . . .

music can be loud sometimes . . .

about 6 miles south of the port on A1A .... A1A is divided here and Coconuts is on the NORTH bound side .. which is also the beach side. During the day on a Sat or Sun parking can be hard to find or $$ as this is a PRIME beach area ... right in front of Coconuts are several beach volleyball courts

for OP ... in the port, we prefer Grills .... we've eaten at all of the places in the port and prefer Grills .... long time residents ...

Edited by Capt_BJ

We ate at Grills last May. Loved the food, island/tropical atmosphere and the views. We were there and got a front row view of a launch from cape Canaveral. 3 people who worked at the Cape happened to be there and were explaining things to us and had told us where to look. If you go there be sure to check the launch schedule.

We selected it because it was not expensive and had a wide variety (one dd is vegetarian, other gluten free and Dh allergic to seafood. Everyone was very pleased with their food. I loved the fish tacos.

All the places mentioned are great for different reasons. I am not a fan of fishlips food but they have great views. Grillz has good seafood and nice views. Sunset Grill is very casual and fun and has live music, sometimes, and.....often a guy who makes amazing balloon stuff for the kids. Coconuts is my favorite bc its on the beach but more of a bar, despite the great food, so maybe not the best choice for a child.

Have to agree with Capt. BJ

Coconuts is more of a bar atmosphere, but good food.

Grill's was very good. Nice deck area and if your watching the ships leave port you will see them come all the up the channel.

Rusty's had a really good blackened fish sandwhich and is closest to the terminals if I remember correctly.

the view from Rusty's, Fishlips and Grills is the same .... they all sit on the south side of the channel and in a row. No one is closer ....

From west to east the order is Millikan's, Rustys, Fishlips, Grills and less than 1/2 mile from end to end . . . MAYBE 10 minutes for a ship to pass 'em all!