What time will we enter Strait of Gibraltar?

On our upcoming Splendour Cruise we are due to arrive in Malaga at 12 noon so I was wondering about what time we will enter the Straits of Gibraltar?

I want to be up on Deck 10 Observatory to see the towns of Gibraltar Estepona, Marbella, Fuengirolla, Mijas, Torremollino on our way into Malaga as we made this drive twice while we spent 5 weeks on the Costa Del Sol in May 1998 and would be great to relive the memories.

We did a westbound TA on Legend last year, left Malaga at 6pm and passed Gibraltar around 9:30pm. Also, the Captain announced the time we were expected to pass Gibraltar an hour or so before we passed.

Edited by clarea

we sailed to Malaga last year arriving around 11-11.3.

I got up early to watch us pass through the straits, it would be about 7am, but the light wasnt that good. But once the sun was up we really enjoyed sitting out on our balcony, having breakfast and watching the coastline - some really pretty villages and then then planes flying over us to land in Malaga.