Romantic suggestions...

Eaglemad

We will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary during my first ever cruise on the Sea Princess departing Brisbane on June 1st.

I will be in Lifou New Caledonia on the day of our Anniversary and will probably do a 3 hour tour (I take it that will get me back on the Sea Prinny by Lunch

I will be in a Mini Suite (so balcony dining is an option) and would appreciate some suggestions for a romantic afternoon and evening especially the dinner

I am sure there will be a few CC members who have celebrated their 20th WA and made their wife (partner) the happiest person ever whilst on a cruise :D

I would arrange to have chocolate covered strawberries delivered to the stateroom with or without a nice bottle of champagne if you guys drink, that is. The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is really awesome, It is served in courses on your balcony with full Butler Service. Traditionally it is surf and turf but if you need to change the menu you can call the Dining Line and make other choices. Whatever you do, have a terrific time and always love each other. ;)

I would second the suggestion for the ultimate balcony dinner. We celebrated our 45th anniversary with a UBD recently and it was a most romantic experience - once the waiters had anchored the tablecloth to stop everything blowing away. Actually we were just leaving port, and once the ship turned we were sheltered from the wind, but we almost had our cocktails and appetizers in our laps!

I like the idea about ordering strawberries and champagne earlier in the day - you can also add some fresh flowers for more ambiance.

We have done the balcony dinner and it really is the most romantic thing you can do. You have the privacy of just the two of you - and very excellent food and service.

One thing to keep in mind though ... will the ship be moving by the time you have dinner? Some balconies do get windy - so if you don't have shelter from the wind, this might not be the best idea. Since you have a mini suite - you do have the option of dining inside the room.

Hope you have a fantastic day!

I second the motion for a renewal of vows ceremony. You might even plan to do it as a surprise for your spouse! Just a word of warning, make sure to do it on a formal night so you're both "dressed" for the occasion! I did this for our 25th and my wife was FLOORED by the surprise!!

We will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary during my first ever cruise on the Sea Princess departing Brisbane on June 1st.

I will be in Lifou New Caledonia on the day of our Anniversary and will probably do a 3 hour tour (I take it that will get me back on the Sea Prinny by Lunch

I will be in a Mini Suite (so balcony dining is an option) and would appreciate some suggestions for a romantic afternoon and evening especially the dinner

I am sure there will be a few CC members who have celebrated their 20th WA and made their wife (partner) the happiest person ever whilst on a cruise :D

Try a couples massage followed by the UBD.

Find a quiet place on the ship, gaze up at all the stars, hold each other and remember why you decided to get married. :) Congrats on the 20th!

Edited by Anubi

Try a couples massage followed by the UBD.
I was going to suggest the couples massage, too. The UBD would also be a great touch.

One thing about vow renewal: My husband just isn't into it and may not think that was a good surprise. Just a thought. ;)

We are celebrating our 25th on the Ruby next month and I'm also trying to think of something special.

Congratulations and enjoy your special cruise!

I second the motion for a renewal of vows ceremony. You might even plan to do it as a surprise for your spouse! Just a word of warning, make sure to do it on a formal night so you're both "dressed" for the occasion! I did this for our 25th and my wife was FLOORED by the surprise!!

Third the motion.

I did this for our 30th and my wife was literally almost floored by the additional surprise new floral wedding bands.

Edited by MauiLvrs

Thanks for suggestions to date, much appreciated. Sounds like the UBD is the go for dinner.

What about the ultimate chefs dinner if that coincides with the big day as I am pretty sure they only have one on a 7 day cruise?

Also anyone familiar with the Sea Princess, the nicest bar for some afternoon drinks

Thanks again for wishing us Happy 20th, had our moments but like many of you, as the years go on the love becomes stronger

Take along a bunch of the flameless candles! They're battery powered, so no fire safety issues. Buy the ones that flicker like real candle light. Women usually think they look better by candlelight! ;) They're tiny and you'll be able to hide them easily in your suitcase. She'll be impressed that you had forethought to make everything special! Happy Anniversary!:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbioO2BXrG5TMfAhtdB7yy1Of2Q5FN5IPkj2AOf2GKZFl9GP2OEQ

Take along a bunch of the flameless candles! They're battery powered, so no fire safety issues. Buy the ones that flicker like real candle light. Women usually think they look better by candlelight! ;) They're tiny and you'll be able to hide them easily in your suitcase. She'll be impressed that you had forethought to make everything special! Happy Anniversary!:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbioO2BXrG5TMfAhtdB7yy1Of2Q5FN5IPkj2AOf2GKZFl9GP2OEQ

I love this idea! We are celebrating our 20th as well in a couple of weeks on the Grand. I am bringing these for sure :)

I love this idea! We are celebrating our 20th as well in a couple of weeks on the Grand. I am bringing these for sure :)

They also make great nightlights in the bathroom. We put one in there and turn it on before going to bed. Those middle of the night bathrooms runs are a lot more forgiving if you don't have to turn on a bright light! :o They usually last about 12-14 nights. :)

Also look into the couples therapy message. Not sure of the title but you have a private room with a steam bath and mud you apply to your partner. Then shower off.

It about an hour

Happy 20th

We did this and it was great. Rasul Treatment is what I believe it is called.....

I learned from Princess that you do not need a balcony to do the UBD :-) ( I know the OP does have a balcony :-) but I thought I would share that you can do a UBD in an inside cabin or an oceanview :-) :-) )

I would second the suggestion for the ultimate balcony dinner. We celebrated our 45th anniversary with a UBD recently and it was a most romantic experience - once the waiters had anchored the tablecloth to stop everything blowing away. Actually we were just leaving port, and once the ship turned we were sheltered from the wind, but we almost had our cocktails and appetizers in our laps!

You can't go wrong with this suggestion and believe me the Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are to die for. After that all else is great!:D

We did this and it was great. Rasul Treatment is what I believe it is called.....

I learned from Princess that you do not need a balcony to do the UBD :-) ( I know the OP does have a balcony :-) but I thought I would share that you can do a UBD in an inside cabin or an oceanview :-) :-) )[/quote

What is a UBD? We're celebrating our 20th but on the CB and I was looking for something special.

Wish I could explain more, bad wrist sprain. Celebrated our 22nd with UBD. Do it. Wife said she'd never felt so special. On CB they only do 3 each night. It can be arranged prior to boarding.