Has Anyone Seen These Tips?

awhcruiser

Dang!

I like #3's. (fanny packs)

I was planning to bring a #5. (T-shirt from another cruise)

Does a backpack count as a #6?

And my husband did the #7 on our last trip to the ocean.

Guess I'll be getting lots of stares! Oh well.

Walt is guilty of wearing the tropical shirts in Alaska. I was completely ignorant that he packed them and the first picture I posted on FB from Alaska my mom was horrified...tropical shirt with a cardigan. Obviously, I am the fashionista in our marriage.

1235881_10201622571156968_1879978414_n_zpsd6369c26.jpg

Lisa

My favorite is the bathrobe! I can't tell you how many times I have seen people use them as cover ups by the pool.:cool: Even worse is when people in hotels come down to the breakfast buffet in their bathrobes!?!! Really??? :eek:

My favorite is the bathrobe! I can't tell you how many times I have seen people use them as cover ups by the pool.:cool: Even worse is when people in hotels come down to the breakfast buffet in their bathrobes!?!! Really??? :eek:

I work at a high-end resort hotel. Guests are going through the lobby all the time in the bathrobes - to grab coffee in the morning, to go to the pool and hot tubs… It was the same at the last resort I worked at, too. It looks a little funny to see these people in robes in a grand lobby, but it is what it is.

I think her list was honest, but done with a little snark. No self-respecting woman would wear a fanny pack. And a woman wearing a souvenir/commerative Tshirt ???? That's a bozo no-no, according to many threads on this forum. It's called "sloppy", remember ;)

Edited by slidergirl

Walt is guilty of wearing the tropical shirts in Alaska. I was completely ignorant that he packed them and the first picture I posted on FB from Alaska my mom was horrified...tropical shirt with a cardigan. Obviously, I am the fashionista in our marriage.

1235881_10201622571156968_1879978414_n_zpsd6369c26.jpg

Lisa

AWWW, but he looks so cute in it! :D

AWWW, but he looks so cute in it! :D

Walt said "thank you". I love him no matter what he wears, but I was a little surprised that every shirt he brought to Alaska was a tropical shirt. Just because it was technically Summer did not mean that it was warm. It snowed on us the day that picture was taken. The only reason that cardigan made the trip is because I threw it in my suitcase.

Lisa

What would men do without us gals having their backs.

As I've mentioned, my DS (18) is home for Spring Break and he goes out at night with a tank top and shorts and no hoody or jacket. I'm like, "It's cold honey take something with you." But no he's way too :cool: So, when he went down to San Diego for a couple of nights to party with his frat brothers at Mission Bay (where it's Spring Break Party time), I threw a hoody into his overnight bag. He called me the next morning and was like, "Thanks mom for doing that, it got cold at night near the water." DUH!:D He was wearing it when he came back home the other night. I love that kid!:D

Edited by mousey

Ease up on the kid -- it's an age where you have an overwhelming need to seem like you're more mature than you are and admitting you have parents, much less taking advice from them, around your peers is near-painful. It's part of the process of becoming an adult -- if he took all your advice and never felt too cool for it, he'd never want to move out.

IMO that article was clear that unless you are a fashionista, thin, never wrinkled .... you just don't belong on a cruise!! :eek: I am SOOOO not going to fit her requirements!!!

You do realize Kelly didn't write the article, just made comments about what was already written? I hardly read any judgement from her, more like common sense for the most part.

I agree with most of what the article says, to a point. For instance, personally I hate to see a man in a speedo, even one in very good shape. But many people like them, even women.

The fanny pack thing. When my kids were small and I took them to Disneyland, it came in handy to be hands free. That stopped as soon as I purchased my first cross body bag more than 15 years ago. The one the model shows is cute, but you could hardly put anything in it (I'm thinking kids, amusement park, convenience). There are so many nice cross body bags now, it's weird to see someone still using a fanny pack.

I would never, nor would my husband, wear a logo T shirt. But they are so popular people think of them as souvenirs. I don't look at them as sloppy, just super casual. I also wouldn't wear something not laundered or cleaned before the first wear…that has an ick factor to me.

I would not go out of the stateroom in my robe, period. Even to the spa. I wear my bathing suit cover up. We were at a B and B one year, one of my sisters (one who rarely travels) came to breakfast in her pajamas/robe/hair a mess. I think she was astonished that she was the only one not dressed. The B and B was a large one, probably 10 rooms, so there were a lot of people in the breakfast room.

I have a BIL who wears only tropical shirts all year round. I'd be shocked if he didn't wear them on an Alaska cruise.

I've been to the buffet and had to flag down a staff person to clean the chair of a sunscreen butt print. The last thing I want is an oily stain on the back of my pants, I think everyone has to agree with this.

The rest of it, string bikinis on a water slide, expensive jewelry on an excursion, etc...that's just common sense. Perhaps a mistake a person will make once and never again.

One thing I rarely see any longer (hopefully out of fashion and never to return) is women's evening gowns with glitter. The glitter leaves a trail, sticks to everything and if you happen to sit on a chair they have occupied, good luck getting the glitter out of your clothing :roll eyes: Year ago you would see staff vacuuming chairs in lounges, showrooms, atriums, trying to get that stuff off the furniture the next day. Repeat after formal night #2.

Edited by Happy ks

I read that article too and got a good laugh. I admit, I agree with just about all of it.

My cruise is not made up by what others are wearing, but I love to see people who care about how they look. I just do my own thing, so I plan out even the shorts outfits for sea days. My husband also loves to make an effort in looking good.

I read that article too and got a good laugh. I admit, I agree with just about all of it.

My cruise is not made up by what others are wearing, but I love to see people who care about how they look. I just do my own thing, so I plan out even the shorts outfits for sea days. My husband also loves to make an effort in looking good.

Funny you should say that about your hubby...mine has been walking into the room for the last hour wearing different outfits (mostly shirts and shorts) for our upcoming trip to FL to see if I like them. So far, so good except for one shirt that I lovingly nixed...I've never liked the color on him...so he's decided not to take it and had me pick out another one for him instead.;) We're a team!:D

Edited by mousey

I'm 50 now and since junior high school seldom a day goes by that I'm not wearing a concert T Or souvenir T that I purchased from some trip or event I attended.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I love concert tees!:D

One of my favorites is one I have from an Elton John and Eric Clapton concert I went to with a bunch of my friends. I also (don't die laughing now;)) have another favorite one...from a concert my girlfriend and I went to in Vegas...it's...are you ready...it's one of Tom Jones:eek:...Ican't help it I love him!:o

As far as souvenir t-shirts go, my favorite one is from Cabo, Mexico it's from a restaurant called "The Crazy Lobster". The logo is a lobster with a doobie in one hand and a bottle of beer in the other! LOL! I love it! I've only worn it twice in Cabo...I can't imagine wearing it anywhere else.

Edited by mousey

We are so proud of the Seattle Seahawks winning the Super Bowl my husband and I bought tee shirts in team colors and printed with logo and winning. We will wear them a time or two on the ship but not on excursions. Some may this is tacky but I will dress as I please. Better than the lady I saw at lunch at the buffet on one of our cruises. She was about 60 years old wearing a bikini with a shear covering that when she bent over or reached for something everyone was mooned. Many people were laughing.