Iron?

Idmom

Okay this might be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. We are sailing on the Freedom this weekend. Do they have Irons in the staterooms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Not in the stateroom but there will be a launderette most likely on the floor, either look on the deck plan, or you can ask your steward or guest services. I think it is one launderette per floor of cabins, but not positive if EVERY deck has one.

As others have said, irons aren't available or allowed in staterooms, only in the launderettes. I don't think there's one on every floor, because I can remember riding an elevator to iron formalwear on previous cruises. :p

We try to pack as much wash and wear as possible, with the exception of formal night attire. Generally, we bring a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release with us, and we pick out our MDR dinner attire first thing in the morning, spray it with Wrinkle Release, and hang it in the bathroom to steam while we shower, then move it to the closet. By the time we come back to the room to get ready for dinner, all of the wrinkles are gone!

Before I knew better, I did use to bring a travel iron in my carry on. You could've sworn I was trying to smuggle 10 kilos of cocaine based on the reaction from the security personnel in Mobile!

Now it stays home. :o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I also had my iron taken but I knew better!! Now I take a few minutes on the first night before bedtime and iron everything for the trip usually just a few items and it does not take long no lines then.

Like all others have said, there are free irons in the launderettes.

And, again, don't wait until the last minute.

The line will be down the hallway:eek::eek::eek: (DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS)

Ha ha - we were near the launderette last cruise and a guy fell into our cabin when I opened our door. At least I didn't find out about the line by standing in it! :)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Before I knew better, I did use to bring a travel iron in my carry on. You could've sworn I was trying to smuggle 10 kilos of cocaine based on the reaction from the security personnel in Mobile!

Now it stays home. :o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Funny! :)