carnival guarantee

megann831

I was reading up on the Carnival guarantee and it says if you want to be refunded you need to let them know before the arrival at your 1st non-US port. We're on the Pride leaving from Baltimore. We have 2 sea days, Cape Canaveral, then 2 Bahamas stops. So could we actually do Cape Canaveral and then if things are not going well decide to go home when we get to Nassau?

That is correct. I hope your cruise is fabulous and you don't need to use the guarantee.

me too, but this will be our 1st time cruising with kids (almost 2 and just turned 4) so it's good to know we have this option

You do have to notify them of what issue it is that you're having and give them the opportunity to correct the situation.

Otherwise, Yes. You will probably have to pay the $300 pp fine for the PVSA violation plus have passports to fly back home.

I was reading up on the Carnival guarantee and it says if you want to be refunded you need to let them know before the arrival at your 1st non-US port. We're on the Pride leaving from Baltimore. We have 2 sea days, Cape Canaveral, then 2 Bahamas stops. So could we actually do Cape Canaveral and then if things are not going well decide to go home when we get to Nassau?

i thought you had to let them know within the first 24 hours?

The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–8 day Carnival vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of your departure. We’ll refund 110% of your fare and our Guest Services will get you back to your home, free of charge. With no hassles and no questions asked.

also you must have a passport..

the kids don't have passports, we're using their birth certificates for the cruise. So they wouldn't be able to fly our of the Bahamas would they?

nope.. Passports are a great investment..

since its 24 hours and not after first port, you would have to say something before Port Canaveral and the would leave you off there

you would not need passports at that point since you are in Florida

If they dropped them off in Port Canveral.. The goverment will fine Carnival.. Who would pay that fine? Normally Carnival would charge the passenger..

see Passenger service act... To See why there will be a fine

Why are you going at all if you're already planning to have a lousy time? :confused:

Are your kids so dreadful that they ruin every outing you go on?

As a parent of a 3-year-old who has cruised quite a bit, I find this thread confusing.

I suggest you either cancel your cruise or spend some time on the Family Board to help calm your nerves. Cruising with kids is fun, especially when they are your own.

Why are you going at all if you're already planning to have a lousy time? :confused:

Are your kids so dreadful that they ruin every outing you go on?

As a parent of a 3-year-old who has cruised quite a bit, I find this thread confusing.

I suggest you either cancel your cruise or spend some time on the Family Board to help calm your nerves. Cruising with kids is fun, especially when they are your own.

Its a reasonable question if you ask me! Carnival has the guarantee in place and op or family may hate cruising once they try it! It is very unlikely they will hate it and thats why Carnival gives such a great guarantee in the first place:)

I am reading their guarantee very carefully and will keep it in my back pocket, with great hopes of not using it. My family of six has two rooms booked on the Sunshine, and I am really scared after reading some reviews of horrible plumbing issues (on our deck). I am not willing to pay $4000 for a cruise (we can only afford every three years) that will be awful. I am an optimistic person and have been looking forward to this for a long time, but if our rooms smell like sewage, it's comforting to know we have that guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruising has a lot to do with what YOU make of it. Do yourself and Carnival stockholders a favor and cancel immediately. YOU are already looking for excuses instead of looking forward to a great vacation opportunity.

PS...Carnival can't control the weather so that excuse is out!

I don't get this thread at all. After booking a Pride cruise, the OP, instead of going into the OCD planning phase as most do on here, their focus is on how to dump the cruise, invoke the "vacation guarantee" and then go home, almost half way through the cruise? I'm missing something. Why book it at all.

Wow. I'm very new to Cruise Critic, but I'm surprised by how quickly people attack! Believe me, I am looking forward to a great time!!! I think it's fantastic that Carnival offers this guarantee - that was my main point. It's hard not to be a little skeptical when reading quite a few reviews saying, "Do not go on this ship!" After paying my balance in full, it's nice to feel reassured. I'm not canceling my trip, and I'm sure we will have a great time!

The Carnival Great Vacation Guarantee™ is the greatest guarantee you’ll never need to use. If you’re not happy with any 3–8 day Carnival vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let us know within 24 hours of your departure. We’ll refund 110% of your fare and our Guest Services will get you back to your home, free of charge. With no hassles and no questions asked.

also you must have a passport..

I believe most of this except the no questions asked part. I'll bet you'll get the third degree.

The Pride is a great ship. I just took that exact itinerary in January with my 8yr who has never cruised before. Your kids will have a fabulous time. Hopefully they will enjoy the Kids Club. There were a ton of activities for all ages and it was nice to have some free time for the adults. Nassau is nice. Freeport is boring. We did Downtown Disney for the day. Rented a car. Had a blast.

There is really no reason you guys shouldn't have a blast!!

I would think that all the fees and one way airfares for 4people would convince me to stay on the ship and suck it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival will pay for airfare

You will probably have to pay the $300 pp fine for the PVSA violation.

Huh? Says who? Where? The OP would be required to inform Carnival within 24 hours, but they would disembark at the first NON-US port and fly home from there, thus the passport requirement. And if for some reason Carnival chose to disembark them in Port Canaveral, then Carnival would be responsible for any penalties or violations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Carnival will pay for airfare

But they won't reimburse you for the airfare that you already purchased to get to/from the cruise (as well as other expenses, like pre-post cruise hotels $ meals, etc). So even if Carnival does refund the OP the cruise fare, they could potentially still be out of a couple hundred if not thousands of dollars unless they drove to the port.

Carnival is not stupid. They know that basically nobody will take advantage of this guarantee once they figure out what's at stake, and most people won't even be that dissatisfied within 24 hours of embarking anyway. All this guarantee does is give people a false sense of peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

• 1 year later...

I posed information on the Royal page about the Great Vacation Guarantee and was wondering if anyone had actually used it. What were there experience, did Carnival keep its word??

Edited by gkbiiii