Serenade of the seas 2015

I've just seen the new interenary for Dec 2015, can anyone tell me about this ship, how're the restaurants, onboard entertainment, public areas. Just out of curiosity does anyone know if these are a one time intenerays. The one we would be mostly looking at is Aruba, Bonaire, Key west, mostly because my DW is Dutch and wants to go to the Dutch islands it's to bad it's not an ABC cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sailed her twice...last time in a Feb in a studio. It's an older ship, thus the price is lower. The best part is the Solarium for adults and the cafe in the Solarium. The entertainment and food are sub par.....but if it's your first cruise, it's a good place to start. Now, I prefer the newer ships, but it's all personal preference.

It would be our first cruise for RC and 3 with Carnival. We would be looking at the ABC interenary along with Key West in 2015.

We cruised Serenade out of New Orleans over Christmas. She's one of the smaller ships, which we prefer over the big ships. Our first stop was Key West which happens to be one of our most favorite cities in the U.S. We spent plenty of time in the Solarium on sea days since it's adults only and strictly enforced and the Park Cafe has great food. Of course all the football games were played on the big screen out by the outdoor pool!

We had a balcony cabin and our attendant was awesome. Except for the lunches we ate in the Solarium, we ate all our meals in the Windjammer and the staff were very attentive. The Windjammer is in the back on the Serenade (which we had not experienced yet since most are on the front of the ships) and we spent sail-away behind the Windjammer at the back of the ship. It was a great way to see the city as we were heading down the river to the gulf!

Happy sailing!

This intenerays you get to see more of the Dutch islands, most cruise lines that I know hardly go to Bonaire. Just out of curiosity does it have a Coca cola freestyle machine?

I don't believe that any of the Radiance Class ships have Freestyle machines, although I wish they did.

I did the ABC, but on Royal's sister company, Celebrity. We did an island tour with Sorobon Beach, which was a wonderful shallow water beach

We sailed on Serenade a few weeks ago and loved it. I wasn't sure about the ship since we love the larger ones. We cruised on Enchantment last Sept and enjoyed it so thought we would try the Radiance class. On Serenade, the outdoor dining outside Windjammer is wonderful. We were disappointed in Chops. The cruise director (can't remember his name) has a spectacular "Neil Diamond" show. My husband said it was worth the price of the cruise to see it. You can't go wrong on this ship.

What're your insights into Serenade of the seas?

Just sailed Serenade last month out of NOLA. Have done over 40 cruises with RC, and this was one of the best cruises ever. Ship recently refurbished, excellent crew - helpful, pleasant, outstanding service. Food was very good to outstanding at specialty restaurants. Love the class of ship. Lots of glass all around, beautiful centrum area. Highly recommend Serenade.

Someone said on here that Jewel did , so I thought the rest of them would.

We sailed on the Brilliance a couple weeks ago. They do not have the Freestyle machines. Overall we enjoyed the ship, but did miss the Royal Promenade that the larger ships have. But cabin #1100 made up for it ! ! Would definitely sail her ( and her sisters) again.

mac_tlc