Prohibition Event

Going on the Oasis in August and very interested in the Prohibition Event. Anyone ever gone to this event? Is prohibition attire required? Is it worth the price? Can't find much written about it and what I do find is pretty old. Anyone have any details? Thanks

I have been looking into it also. I am sailing on the Oasis in May and am interested. I have found a lot out about it, but as you said, it seems to be fairly old.

I know that a lot of people commented/complained that nearly all of the free drinks include gin(I love gin, but some do not!)

Other than that, I know that costumes are not required, but everyone seems thrilled to wear them, so I would suggest them.

I have been looking into it also. I am sailing on the Oasis in May and am interested. I have found a lot out about it, but as you said, it seems to be fairly old.

I know that a lot of people commented/complained that nearly all of the free drinks include gin(I love gin, but some do not!)

Other than that, I know that costumes are not required, but everyone seems thrilled to wear them, so I would suggest them.

thank you! I appreciate this.

We (myself and husband, 29 at the time, and his parents, late 50s) went to the Prohibition event on the Allure in May 2012. It was... okay. The drinks were fine but watered down, and they had some neat appetizers and small desserts, but we were too full from dinner to eat anything. They had a live band playing Roaring 20s type music, but hardly anyone danced. There was a decent crowd, but it was kind of a weird atmosphere because no one knew each other, so most people just stuck with their small groups on couches or standing around. The lead singer of the band tried really hard to get people engaged, but overall it just wasn't really that exciting. It took place on one of the formal nights, so we accessorized with what we were already wearing -- my husband wore a fedora, I wore elbow-length gloves, my MIL wore a feather boa, etc. Some people went all out with flapper dresses and pinstripe gangster suits, but mostly it was just accessories with formal night wear. It was a neat experience, but I definitely don't feel like any of us drank enough or danced enough or partied enough to make it worth the extra charge. I probably wouldn't do it again.

Going on the Oasis in August and very interested in the Prohibition Event. Anyone ever gone to this event? Is prohibition attire required? Is it worth the price? Can't find much written about it and what I do find is pretty old. Anyone have any details? Thanks

I went to the Prohibition Party on the Allure and really enjoyed it. It is a new thing for the Oasis, but I'm sure it will be fun! We dressed up and had a blast! Yes, most of the drinks were gin based, but so fruity it was hard to tell.

On the Allure, the cast of Chicago all came and interacted with the party so that was neat, they gave us "money" to bet on horses and bid at the auction. They way the party ends is unusual, so if you go, stick around to the end.

All in all, I thought it was worth it, but it is probably something you only need to do once, unless gin is your thing! :)

We had a great time on Allure. As far as the drinks go, the waiters would get you whatever you wanted but they had varied gin drinks prepared ahead of time and they weren't watered down. I don't know if that will hold true on Oasis. I think participation will vary from party to party depending on the type of people who sign-up. On our cruise almost everyone dressed the part and danced.

Want to thank you all for your opinions...so I am still debating LOL ..At least I don't really have to dress the part..a boa for me & fedora for the hubs...I hear tho that they limit it to 50 guests..so really doesn't sound too bad..maybe will do it this one time (although it's past our bedtime lol) Thank all again.