Quantum Question -

Hello RCL fans -

Does anyone know if the Quantum of the Seas will pass directly by the Statue of Liberty on its way out or back? The cruise we are thinking about leaves from Bayonne, NJ...

Thanks so much in advance for any info on this...

This is a capture of Explorer of the Seas departing from Cape Liberty in June and she does pass the Statue of Liberty so I expect the same for Quantum as well.

ex%2520june%252022-5.JPG

This is a capture of Explorer of the Seas departing from Cape Liberty in June and she does pass the Statue of Liberty so I expect the same for Quantum as well.

ex%2520june%252022-5.JPG

I see what you are saying, but the statue is actually further up the Hudson river from Bayonne. You can see it, but you don't actually sail past it.

The ships that dock in Manhattan do actually sail by it.

I see what you are saying, but the statue is actually further up the Hudson river from Bayonne. You can see it, but you don't actually sail past it.

The ships that dock in Manhattan do actually sail by it.

Yes agree angle is deceiving for sure but it would give you a photo op with your camera at least. If you are lucky and are docked with your cabin to Lady Liberty you can get a photo as well at least like I did on my Summit cruise. :)

Enjoy your cruise!!

day1_Summit%2520%25286%2529.JPG

Yeah, the ship goes no where near the Statue of Liberty; you can see it off in the distance, but I would say it's a good mile away. With a terrific zoom lens you could capture a photo, but the ship will not pass by the Statue unfortunately. Ships leaving from Manhattan offer a better view.

Right by the Bayonne pier is a beautiful tear drop memorial commemorating 9/11, be sure to see that (hard to miss on the forward starboard side of the ship).

Gonna miss the Explorer, so far our favorite ship, and while I am looking forward to the Quantum, I am not looking forward to paying nearly double the price from what I can see.

Yeah, the ship goes no where near the Statue of Liberty; you can see it off in the distance, but I would say it's a good mile away. With a terrific zoom lens you could capture a photo, but the ship will not pass by the Statue unfortunately. Ships leaving from Manhattan offer a better view.

Right by the Bayonne pier is a beautiful tear drop memorial commemorating 9/11, be sure to see that (hard to miss on the forward starboard side of the ship).

Gonna miss the Explorer, so far our favorite ship, and while I am looking forward to the Quantum, I am not looking forward to paying nearly double the price from what I can see.

The above photo I took of Lady Liberty from my cabin was a 20X zoom small point and shoot camera . I was happy with the shot I was able to get.

Cruised in Feb. 13 out of Cape Liberty on the Silhouette and unless I had too many bon voyage martinis, we definately sailed right by Lady Liberty, then under the Verannzano Narrows Bridge. It was SPECTACULAR!

If you look at the webcam of the Port of New York the Statue is in the upper top of this photo and the Quantum will leave down the bottom where you see the Tear Drop Memorial - if you are the side of the ship that faces upwards you can see it and with a good camera get a nice shot

ry%3D400

ex%2520june%252022-5.JPG

Oh my! The anticipation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums