Young kids in late night programs?

MJ_PVB

Curious about your experiences leaving a toddler age child in the late night programs? Were there quite a few younger kids.... or was it mostly older? Do the kids wear their jammies and have a comfy place to sleep?

We're sailing the NCL Getaway with a 3 year old and will be using a cruise line's children's program for the first time. My hubby and I are contemplating one "us" night to catch a show or few drinks, but I am hesitant about leaving my son in the evening. Quite honestly, I doubt he'll even go for it since I still have to lay down with him so he falls asleep! :) But if it's a "fun" sleepover kind of situation with movies and other younger kids, maybe he'll go for it.

While each child is different, would be very helpful to hear how it went for others.

Thanks!

Curious about your experiences leaving a toddler age child in the late night programs? Were there quite a few younger kids.... or was it mostly older? Do the kids wear their jammies and have a comfy place to sleep?

We're sailing the NCL Getaway with a 3 year old and will be using a cruise line's children's program for the first time. My hubby and I are contemplating one "us" night to catch a show or few drinks, but I am hesitant about leaving my son in the evening. Quite honestly, I doubt he'll even go for it since I still have to lay down with him so he falls asleep! :) But if it's a "fun" sleepover kind of situation with movies and other younger kids, maybe he'll go for it.

While each child is different, would be very helpful to hear how it went for others.

Thanks!

We did not leave our son too late, but we did drop him off two nights, went to the 7 or 8pm show, and then picked him up right afterwards. The key we found was having him make friends with some of the other toddlers, and then if they were in there, he wanted to go too. Another thing we found, our son was one month shy of 4, so just a bit older than your child. But at home, he pretty much stopped napping, but on the ship - between pool, sea air, and just excitement, he was pooped by late afternoon, and took a couple of late naps. This meant he was staying up later - he barely went to sleep by 10 or 11pm.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks!

I am curious about the same thing. Our daughter turns three during the cruise and thought we might try and do that as well. When are you sailing? I intended to book for the 18th but made a mistake and booked the 11th and decided to just keep it.

Curious about this as well. We're sailing on the Breakaway next month and my kids are 3 and 4.5. We were considering letting them stay late one night, probably until 12 or so (depending on if they are tired of course) but i wasnt sure if the parties usually had the older kids and not many younger ones.

We started cruising when our son was 3 and he stayed late on quite a few nights - he loved it! He'd go in his pyjamas, play for a while, then curl up on a mat with a pillow and a blanket, watching a movie. No problems (and this was a little guy who had trouble going to sleep at home). And it gave us some valuable time out at night to go out as adults... very nice after long days at home with small people!

By 10 o'clock they put on a movie and the kids can lay on mats and sleep or not sleep. I recommend bringing an umbrella stroller to pick them up. My son was really groggy when I picked him up and cried the whole way back to the room. It made me feel terrible because it was too jarring for him. So as I say- bring the umbrella stroller to transfer them.

Seraphine, Rebeccalouiseagain & RSLeesburg- Thanks for the responses and great tips! Glad to hear the positive experiences.

MommieJaxx & Prinycesa07- we sail the Getaway in two weeks (4/5), will let you know how it goes and what to expect :)

Our daughter (who will turn 6 next month) started cruising with us when she was 3. She absolutely LOVES the kids club. We usually leave her 1 night (during the after hours...which after 10:30pm, you have to pay $6/hr each child and they close at 1:30am) while we do the "white hot" (or now "neon" party on the newer ships) and she loves that as well. They always have activities planned (just like they do during the day) and every time we have dropped her off there for late night sitting, there were tons of kids her age. They usually always have some type of bean bag or something for them to lay on if they get tired prior to you picking them up. But she loves it. :)

Our daughter (who will turn 6 next month) started cruising with us when she was 3. She absolutely LOVES the kids club. We usually leave her 1 night (during the after hours...which after 10:30pm, you have to pay $6/hr each child and they close at 1:30am) while we do the "white hot" (or now "neon" party on the newer ships) and she loves that as well. They always have activities planned (just like they do during the day) and every time we have dropped her off there for late night sitting, there were tons of kids her age. They usually always have some type of bean bag or something for them to lay on if they get tired prior to you picking them up. But she loves it. :)

Awesome-- thanks so much for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums