Inside room Deck 3...Will it be ok??

How old are the kids? We've had 3 adults in an inside room with no problem.

We love Grandeur. Been on her 8 times with #9 coming up later this year. Always the same room - inside on deck 3.

Edited by checkard

No, you didn't make a mistake. When I first started cruising 9 years ago, we HAD to have a balcony. Then I tried an inside cabin and don't know if I will ever go back to a balcony. The money you save can be used on excursions, drink packages, speciality dining, etc. With 2 kids you will hardly be in the room other than to sleep and the rooms really aren't any smaller than a regular balcony room. I do like to be a little higher up 8 or 9 on the inside cabin just to be closer to the pool deck, but from 3 you can just catch the elevator! Enjoy your cruise.

Not going to lie and say it won't be tight with 4 people in an inside cabin, but you can easily adapt your cruise to spend more time out and about on the ship. Definitely not a mistake by a long shot. Cruising is an amazing experience, and if you go into it expecting to enjoy it, you most likely will.

Having done 4 people in an OV on Majesty (probably smaller than a Grandeur inside), I would suggest you and/or the wife consider taking some showers in the gym locker room to help free up some shower time sharing one bathroom and to clear up some prep space when getting ready for the day or dinner or whatever.

Also, just keep an eye on price drops, you never know, a few months down the line a larger cabin may come down in price and you won't have to pay much of a premium for a little more walking room.

Been there. Done that. You might want to consider keeping the two bottom beds apart. Gives you a little more standing up room. Also we found it worked out better to get ready for dinner in shifts. Two people shower and get dressed while other two do something on the ship. Then the next two get ready while the first two go out and do something. Enjoy your cruise!