Complimentary specialty dinner with suite for 5 night cruise?

sunshine nana

The 2014-2015 The Americas booklet says on page 132 "One complimentary dinner for two (cruise if 7 nights or less). "We booked a suite for 2015 of 5 nights. The website says the cruise has to be 6 nights or more. I expect they will honor the printed booklet since it is dated 2014-2015. Has anyone been denied the dinner? Thanks

The 2014-2015 The Americas booklet says on page 132 "One complimentary dinner for two (cruise if 7 nights or less). "We booked a suite for 2015 of 5 nights. The website says the cruise has to be 6 nights or more. I expect they will honor the printed booklet since it is dated 2014-2015. Has anyone been denied the dinner? Thanks

No free dinner for five night cruises; if in a large suite you sometimes are invited for a freebie on the first evening.

We were in a PH on the Constellation TA followed by a 5-night Caribbean last November/December. We had the Ultimate Dining package for the TA and were, therefore, well known to the staff in the specialty restaurants and continued to eat in them. However, not only could we not purchase a package for the 5-night cruise but there was no free night either.

There are many instances of ambiguous language. As solo cruiser, sometimes the language has read "dinner for 2 in the suite", sometimes it reads "Dinner for all occupants of the suite". As a solo, I have to ask 1 dinner or 2 dinners provided....

I have received different answers each time.

Thanks for the replies. I am planning to ask for the perk and see what happens. I don't see how they can say no when it is printed in the newest literature they have at the travel agencies.

They can (and will) say no because it is not an automatic perk on five night cruises and it is a mistake in the brochures. Why would you try and solicit something you are not entitled to? I have sailed twice in a suite on a five night cruise; while in a Sky Suite no freebies for specialty dining; while in the Penthouse I was invited for a freebie on the first evening soon after boarding. The correct policy is clearly spelled out on Celebrity's website and for years has specified it applies for sailings of six nights or longer.

The perk is printed in the brand new brochure for 2014-2015. This is not an old copy that was changed. Many people book cruises through a TA that has given them the newest brochure. Those people never even look at the website that most of the time does not work. Many times, I get an error message of "sorry..." on the website. We are paying a lot of money to be in an expensive suite booked a year ahead, not getting a last minute deal. I expect to receive all the perks listed in the brochure from the travel agent.

There are many instances of ambiguous language. As solo cruiser, sometimes the language has read "dinner for 2 in the suite", sometimes it reads "Dinner for all occupants of the suite". As a solo, I have to ask 1 dinner or 2 dinners provided....

I have received different answers each time.

They also currently have conflicting statements on the web site for the free Specialty dining on the Century. I know Century has not received the free dining in sky and Century suites and if you go to the Ships section and look up sky and Century suites it shows them as an exception. However if you go to general description of Sky and Century suites for all ships it shows that they are entitled to them. If someone came on board and showed them the web site I don't know how they could deny them.

Someone is actually arguing that the website is CORRECT, and a printed brochure is wrong!

Wow, all the complaints about the website and finally it's the reliable source.

i'm amazed.

To the OP, I hope you get your dinner, but the concensus isn't looking favorable.

If you can get me a copy of that wordage, I will be sailing in a Suite on an upcoming 5 night next week. :cool: I'll try it out and tell you what happened. BTW- I asked Captains Club about getting the Specialty dinner on a 5 night, and they said "no". :rolleyes:

It's on page 132 of the 2014-15" The Americas" brochure. The page is titled "Celebrity Millennium Class Suites". Under dining:" One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 7 nights or less) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant." This is very straight forward and it is in the brochure I was given at a travel agency last week.

Thanks for the support from most. I will see what happens and report back, but it will be April of 2015! I won't let it spoil the cruise, but DH does enjoy a good steak specialty!

If your cruise is not until April 2015, that is when everything changes anyway because the new "suite class" is implemented then! If you check the website, the suite specialty dining perks are split between pre-April 2015 and April 2015 onwards.

It's on page 132 of the 2014-15" The Americas" brochure. The page is titled "Celebrity Millennium Class Suites". Under dining:" One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 7 nights or less) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant." This is very straight forward and it is in the brochure I was given at a travel agency last week.

Is this a magazine (regardless if you got at a travel agency), or from Celebrity?

Edited by deise17311

I am not sure what the "The America's" brochure is. Is it a Celebrity inclusive magazine and can I get it at AAA?

Nevermind...I looked it up online. Here it is:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b8b0b7ef#/b8b0b7ef/130

Celebrity still puts out the brochures that they did prior to the internet. The "America's is one of those brochures. If you go to the below link you can still order one. America's is on the right.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/footer/orderBrochure.do?pagename=footer_pages_order_brochure&cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_brochures

Is this a magazine (regardless if you got at a travel agency), or from Celebrity?

From Celebrity...

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/footer/orderBrochure.do?pagename=footer_pages_order_brochure&cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_brochures

If you go to Celebrity's web site you can view the brochure. It states the same thing in the web site brochure that they are entitled to a specialty dinner for cruises of 7 nights or less, no exceptions. Yes, I know what the policy has been.

Edited by dkjretired

From Celebrity...

If you go to Celebrity's web site you can view the brochure. It states the same thing in the web site brochure that they are entitled to a specialty dinner for cruises of 7 nights or less, no exceptions. Yes, I know what the policy has been.

WOO HOO! The language also says dinner for 2 (as opposed to some places now stating 'dinner for all suite occupants')..... so my solo dining issue is put to rest now with this...!

Will be nice on my upcoming TA i just booked!