Florida Discount?

divadiverfl

It's possible that because CCL is based in FL, that's the reason. Princess' home offices are based in CA.

As for the hurricanes, I believe some cruiselines offer last-minute deals to local people if the ship isn't full. I don't know if Princess does this or not.

Different companies have different ideas about promotions, very rarely based on where the company is actually based. Some companies offer discounts/cabin credits, etc to residents of Florida for Florida vacation to help fill the cabin's or rooms. Disney and various hotel companies periodically offer discounts on rooms to me since I live in Florida.

Princess may just not believe in offering cabin credits as a good marketing strategy.

Different companies have different ideas about promotions, very rarely based on where the company is actually based. Some companies offer discounts/cabin credits, etc to residents of Florida for Florida vacation to help fill the cabin's or rooms. Disney and various hotel companies periodically offer discounts on rooms to me since I live in Florida.

Princess may just not believe in offering cabin credits as a good marketing strategy.

That's very true. One thing to consider is that unlike a year or two ago, most ships sail full so that the need to offer special incentives has gotten less and less. People used to wait until after final payment for the "deals" to appear and while they're still available on a few sailings, they're fewer and far between. Throughout the cruise industry, most people book well ahead and many get good deals for booking early rather than last-minute.

Archived