New mattresses on Vision since drydock?

Hope I haven't missed this elsewhere. We're considering Vision of the Seas from Barcelona next summer but a couple of pre-refurb reviews mention very uncomfortable mattresses.

I'm disabled with spinal injuries and severe neuropathy so a comfortable mattress is a must for me. I loved the beds on Indy and found them very comfy.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the mattresses on VoS have been replaced in the recent refurb, and if so, how comfortable they are?

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the mattresses on VoS have been replaced in the recent refurb, and if so, how comfortable they are?

I don't believe that it is RCI's practice to change out all mattresses during a dry-dock. We have had the Hotel Director explain that they have a periodic replacement of mattresses where a specified number of them are replaced after a specified number of months use. As I recall the actual numbers were at a frequency that seemed quite reasonable - sorry don't remember exact numbers.

Thank you both. :)

I think we're looking at a Balcony on Deck 7 but it's encouraging that the JS had a new/comfy mattress. That rolling replacement is interesting - I guess it makes sense but it must be easier to replace all the mattresses at once every few years. :confused:

I've never tried to email RCI to ask something like this - might give it a try and see if anyone gets back to me....:)

Thanks again!

I think Scotty G is correct. They probably didn't replace ALL of them at once. but I do know that the two cabins we were in (both JS's) had new ones. I slept so well!!

Apart from the carts rolling overhead!? :eek:

I read your review - thank you; it was brilliant and so comprehensive. :):)

LOL!! Got a good laugh from this! Thanks for the compliment!

Pleasure, your review was great; I really enjoyed reading it. I just felt very sorry for you under the "bowling alley" the second week!

I also like to rest in the afternoons. :)