Accessible Stateroom Splendour Of The Seas

I was able to get the Large Oceanview Stateroom for the Brazil-Barcelona Cruise after final payment date. As I have low vision where my depth perception can sometimes change depending on the day the larger shower helps as well as having more space around the beds.

I know there are"hidden disabilities" whereby the accessible cabin can really help a passenger.

What I did was wait until the final payment date passed so that way if anyone in a wheelchair needed it they had more than enough time to book it.

There were accessible cabins available on the same floor where I was originally booked. I filled out the Special Needs Form just so they are aware of my condition.

I was apprehensive to book this cabin until last year someone told me that someone with a hidden disability could book it after filling out the proper documentation via the Special Needs Desk.

I knew that they release the rooms to the general public after final payment so I wanted to be kind and wait until the final payment date passed. They had already noted my low vision and that having a table for two really helps due to my depth perception.

I was not about to take away a room if someone in a wheelchair needs it. I'm too empathetic for that because I have friends who are Quadriplegic and know how hard it can be with day-to-day living.

I read on this forum about abled bodied people booking the room just for the larger cabin. I simply think they are being so greedy. What people don't understand is a hidden disability could benefit from an accessible cabin.

I have used the airline services especially in unfamiliar airports and I truly appreciate all the assistance I can get.

Having the large print menus and cruise compasses really helps me as some days my vision is good and other days it can be somewhat blurry.

I waited until after final payment just to be certain that someone in a weelchair needs my cabin.

Did I do the right thing by waiting until after final payment as a compassionate person who wants to ensure the comfort of others who may need it?

Thanks for your input.

Not all disabilities are seen!

I, as a full time wheelchair user, appreciate your concern about waiting BUT if the features of an accessible cabin makes your cruise easier for you, you should have booked it a long time ago!

Be sure and dam up the shower with towels! The bathroom floor floods easily!

Sherry