Royal cabins * Insides & Balcony* suggestion

FoghornLeghorn

Would love your opinions on a good location for two insides and a balcony across the hall. Will be 6 of us.

2 in each room.

Would prefer between floors of cabins.

Close to elevators.

and we don't care of it's forward, aft, mid....whatever is a good combo of cabins.

Any suggestions from the Royal experts?

or any balconys NOT to get because they are too small??

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions!

:)

Haven't sailed on the Royal yet but we have B414 booked on a upcoming cruise. This is a mini rather than a balcony, but there are two larger "sideways" insides, B412 and B418 across the hall. The mini would give you room to get everyone together and the balcony is one of the larger ones. There is the same cabin arrangement on several decks. Only drawback is that you will be in the center without a center stairway, but if you are walking, just go to the forward stairs.

A cheaper option might be deluxe balcony E110. Just down the hall are insides E116 and E120. The balcony is metal rather than glass and is lower cost. It has a very large balcony with space for your group.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

We specifically booked C323 and C329 on the Royal in September for several reasons: they are "sideways" inside cabins and are larger, they are between two other cabins, are near the forward elevators and stairs, are beneath and above other cabins and finally, the only noise you hear is an air duct behind the cabin which is a constant white noise and barely noticeable. There are mini-suites across the hall but there are BB balcony cabins literally catty-corner to them. Not directly across but just a couple of steps away.

asapa6a4.jpg

Haven't sailed on the Royal yet but we have B414 booked on a upcoming cruise. This is a mini rather than a balcony, but there are two larger "sideways" insides, B412 and B418 across the hall. The mini would give you room to get everyone together and the balcony is one of the larger ones. There is the same cabin arrangement on several decks. Only drawback is that you will be in the center without a center stairway, but if you are walking, just go to the forward stairs.

A cheaper option might be deluxe balcony E110. Just down the hall are insides E116 and E120. The balcony is metal rather than glass and is lower cost. It has a very large balcony with space for your group.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We're also booked in B414 on our Royal Princess cruise leaving on 3/30. I liked that it had a larger balcony and although it is midship, it wasn't too far from the forward stairs.

I've also heard that the forward facing balconies on the Lido deck are bigger and very nice and are priced lower like the other forward balconies. I believe they are L101 - L106. A few people have posted that their balcony doors were not locked while the ship was sailing even though on the Princess site it says they will be.