Luggage Tags...or lack thereof

Kreative03

This is a first for me. I requested luggage tags for all 3 cabins (3 separate reservations and one outside of my personal version of "my celebrity") two times. First time was as soon as they were available. Second time was about 14 days out. None of them have showed -- and i'm now 8 days out and still no tags. They all were sent to different addresses, so it's not like my mail carrier decided to eat them :)

There's no option to print tags on my reservation at this point in time. I know we can get them to print a tag at the pier, but is there anyway to print them at home if there is no option showing in the "Online Check-in" section?

I ordered my tags and it said they would be 3 to 5 days

Now there is a message saying not available for this cruise

If you can't get any tags is it possible to get some plain ones from a travel agent

And do your own, just a thought, I would ring Celebrity to see if they can send you some

This is a first for me. I requested luggage tags for all 3 cabins (3 separate reservations and one outside of my personal version of "my celebrity") two times. First time was as soon as they were available. Second time was about 14 days out. None of them have showed -- and i'm now 8 days out and still no tags. They all were sent to different addresses, so it's not like my mail carrier decided to eat them :)

There's no option to print tags on my reservation at this point in time. I know we can get them to print a tag at the pier, but is there anyway to print them at home if there is no option showing in the "Online Check-in" section?

We bought cruise tags luggage tag holders a couple of cruise ago and we loved them!!! Best buy!! you should have a copy of your luggage tag in your cruise documents. You only need to make as many copies of that page as you need. This is a link to Amazon's holders, hope it works

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00GN1E4T8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1395393873&sr=8-4&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder

This happened to us too! We ordered as soon as they were availabl (for two cabins), got nothing. I called Celebrity and the agent "reordered" them, we only got one cabins tags, not the other. Now online there not available anymore...

So annoying!

I have now just given up and we will all just use one cabins tags for the other cabins (they are connecting cabins, so its not TOO big of a deal...just annoying)

If you live in the U.S. call the Captain's Club. If you are not a member they can sign you up before you sail and they can send you tags.

And if you never get them, the porters will have them when you get out of the cab at the pier.

ps: you do not really want to attach them till after you get your bags from the airport anyway. IMHO, the baggage handlers have an on going contest to see how many they can tear off each day!:D

If you live in the U.S. call the Captain's Club. If you are not a member they can sign you up before you sail and they can send you tags.

Maybe yes, maybe no. We had two cruises coming up in two weeks and the tags had not arrived. So I called the CC and, presto, the tags for one did arrive, the tags for the second never did. Such is life with Celebrity

Hi, under 'necessity is the mother of invention', or the military's 'field expedient' anthem, I printed multiples of the colored bag tag from cruise edocs and then cut out the colored tag and laid a strip of heavy clear shipping tape lengthwise covering the face.:cool: (Write name on before over-taping). You end up with a legible reinforced bag tag - try it and be the envy of your stone-age paper taggers. ;) On the other hand, the link above to Amazon's 'tag condoms' suggests a great stocking stuffer

Edited by greydog

Maybe yes, maybe no. We had two cruises coming up in two weeks and the tags had not arrived. So I called the CC and, presto, the tags for one did arrive, the tags for the second never did. Such is life with Celebrity[/quote

It's always a challenge if and when we get our luggage tags. I am happy they still send them out. Royal Caribbean always makes you print them out unless you are a top tier cruiser with them.

And if you never get them, the porters will have them when you get out of the cab at the pier.

ps: you do not really want to attach them till after you get your bags from the airport anyway. IMHO, the baggage handlers have an on going contest to see how many they can tear off each day!:D

I disagree with this suggestion. We always attach the tags before the airport as on two separate occasions our luggage was delayed and was delivered by the airline to the cruise line rep at the airport who was looking for it anyway, who then delivered it to the ship. They give you 8 tags, surely you do not use all 8, and if damaged or missing you can replace them once you pick up your, luggage at the airport.

I disagree with this suggestion. We always attach the tags before the airport as on two separate occasions our luggage was delayed and was delivered by the airline to the cruise line rep at the airport who was looking for it anyway, who then delivered it to the ship. They give you 8 tags, surely you do not use all 8, and if damaged or missing you can replace them once you pick up your, luggage at the airport.

I always put the tags on before flying. Written right on the tags and recommended by our TA. One time we were chatting with the airline check in agent and mentioned that we were flying to join a cruise. She said "have a great time" and slapped Priority Handling tags on them as well:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I never received my luggage tags for April 5 sailing. Yesterday, I called Captain's Club number right at 8am and spoke to an agent named Vicky who was extremely helpful. She said that they were experiencing problems with luggage tags throughout the entire month of February. She re-ordered them for me and, hopefully, I'll receive them next week.

If not, I'll just tag my luggage with the paper tag we received with our documents.

jcpc

Thanks all -- i found the full sized one that is in the edocs and will print from there. Thankfully we don't have too many bags!

I wish celebrity would post up error messages on their sites instead of having us waste our time calling them up for silly things like bag tags.

That is really the quickest and easiest way to get luggage tags.

No need to waste time bothering about them in advance at all.

Whether or not they cut off and discard the cruise tags at the airport will vary by airport and airline and also possibly by which agent happens to be tagging your bags that day.

In many places they routinely cut off and discard any tags on the bag that are not the tags for that flight, especially any tag that has a bar code.

Some of the people who worked for airlines have reported that it was their standard policy to do so.

Those poor baggage handlers don't even get the chance to have the contest. ;)

I had a unique tag from a train ride on one of my bags that was great for identifying the bag, until a ticket agent cut it off one day when I was checking in the bag for a flight.

This happened to us too! We ordered as soon as they were availabl (for two cabins), got nothing. I called Celebrity and the agent "reordered" them, we only got one cabins tags, not the other. Now online there not available anymore...

So annoying!

I have now just given up and we will all just use one cabins tags for the other cabins (they are connecting cabins, so its not TOO big of a deal...just annoying)

interesting, we've cruised with Celebrtiy and have never had an issue with tags. I always order two sets, just in case, and actually on our next trip, April 19th, they sent me three sets, all arriving within a week of ordering. Maybe I am just lucky.

I never received my luggage tags for April 5 sailing. Yesterday, I called Captain's Club number right at 8am and spoke to an agent named Vicky who was extremely helpful. She said that they were experiencing problems with luggage tags throughout the entire month of February. She re-ordered them for me and, hopefully, I'll receive them next week

jcpc

I am also on the April 5th sailing and ordered the tags as soon as they became available and have not received them. The same thing happened on my April 2013 cruise so this must be an ongoing problem. I called Captain's Club last week. The agent was very helpful, however the wait time was very long. They can see the order and verify it didn't go through.

I ordered one set and received them, then received another set a few days later. Another in our party ordered them and received nothing. The third in our party did not order them, but received them anyway.

If Amazon used Celebrity's IT department, they'd be out of business in a week.

This time last year we left from Port Everglades. Past experience with the self print ones havn't been the best, so I stuck self adhesive white lables to the top and side of the hard sided spinner case. They are virtually impossible to remove. When I wheeled the case to the porter, he informed me that the self print ticket was useless and the self adeshive ones would not guarantee delivery. Incidentally, they were written in black marker pen and couldn't have been more clear. He then told me they 'wouldn't make it to my cabin' and proceeded to ask me for money. I was shocked and walked away in disgust. Other than a small tip, I was unaware that this was a 'to be paid for' service. This year, I cannot order from Celebrity.com because I am neither an American or Canadian citizen and Celebrity.co.uk can't print luggage labels for a booking made with an American Agent. So, its back to the sticky labels for me and hopefully a much nicer porter.

I ordered one set and received them, then received another set a few days later. Another in our party ordered them and received nothing. The third in our party did not order them, but received them anyway.

Sometimes travel agents order them for client - mine does and prints/mails me the docs too. Happy Cruising

....... When I wheeled the case to the porter, he informed me that the self print ticket was useless and the self adeshive ones would not guarantee delivery. Incidentally, they were written in black marker pen and couldn't have been more clear. He then told me they 'wouldn't make it to my cabin' and proceeded to ask me for money. I was shocked and walked away in disgust. Other than a small tip, I was unaware that this was a 'to be paid for' service. This year, I cannot order from Celebrity.com because I am neither an American or Canadian citizen and Celebrity.co.uk can't print luggage labels for a booking made with an American Agent. So, its back to the sticky labels for me and hopefully a much nicer porter.
That was disgraceful and unconscionable!

I wish you had obtained his name and had taken a photo of him and reported him.

At Port Everglades (as at other US cruise ports) luggage tags are readily available at the pier, no matter what nationality you are.

There is no charge for them.

You can pick up as many tags as your want.

You just print your cabin number on a tag, slip it through the suitcase handle, peel off a small piece of backing paper and press the ends together.

That's all there is to it!

Each tag takes only a few seconds to do.

They stay on securely until after the bag is delivered to your stateroom and you take them off.

If you prefer, a porter will do it for you.

Often they rush over and start tagging our bags even though we are perfectly willing and able to do it ourselves.