Premium Drink Package questions answered

grod19

What is the replenish package? I don't see that on tge drinks packages menu? Thanks :-)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Soda, premium coffee,tea, bottled water

Sent from my XT1060 using Forums mobile app

Is bottled water on the premium package, on some links it does on others it doesn,t?

yup, I drank a ton of them. Even when sitting at the bar and asking for a glass of water they brought me a bottle since they knew I had a package

Do you know if they serve Negronis (gin, vermouth, Campari)? Would it be included on the Premium Package?

I can't see why they wouldnt, they have all those ingredients and I can't picture it being over the dollar limit.

What is the replenish package? I don't see that on tge drinks packages menu? Thanks :-)

Soda, premium coffee,tea, bottled water

It also includes any non alcoholic drinks including frozen types such as virgin pina coladas, virgin strawberry daiquiris, etc. Also includes Red Bull and both still and sparkling water such as San Pellegrino.

If I have the Premium pkg and I buy a drink that is over my allotted $10, say the drinki is advertized as $11, - do they just charge the extra $1 to my seapass card, or am I not allowed to count that as a premium pkg drink and have to pay the whole $11, because I have gone over the allotted amt?

If you have the premium coffee pkg - does that mean its freshed brewed coffee from grounds and not syurp? ( I realize it isn't STARBUCKS).

If you have the premium pkg and ask the dining room waiter for premium coffee or herbal tea, will he be able to get the brewed kind - or will it be the same (regular stuff they serve that tastes like cruise coffee).

Thanks in advance.

If I have the Premium pkg and I buy a drink that is over my allotted $10, say the drinki is advertized as $11, - do they just charge the extra $1 to my seapass card, or am I not allowed to count that as a premium pkg drink and have to pay the whole $11, because I have gone over the allotted amt?

If you have the premium coffee pkg - does that mean its freshed brewed coffee from grounds and not syurp? ( I realize it isn't STARBUCKS).

If you have the premium pkg and ask the dining room waiter for premium coffee or herbal tea, will he be able to get the brewed kind - or will it be the same (regular stuff they serve that tastes like cruise coffee).

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you will only be charged the difference, but you should print off a copy from the RCI website which is in the FAQ section that goes over this. Some of the ships were not up to snuff with company policy regarding this and you sometimes need proof to back things up. This is what has been reported on other threads concerning the same topic.

There is no premium coffee package. The premium teas are Tazo and the premium coffees are available at Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-tudes, depending upon which ship you're on. The Starbucks on the Oasis and the Allure do NOT participate in the program, but some the aforementioned Cafes use some Starbucks products that are included. The espresso based coffees are available either through the Royal Replenish package, which is 20.00 per day and includes, premium coffees, teas, fresh squeezed juice, soda and all non alcoholic drinks and Red Bull. It is also available if you have the Ultimate package, which is 65 per day and is basically a combination of the 55.00 premium package and the 20.00 Royal Replenish package, with the only common thread between the two being soda.

Premium coffee is not available in the MDR, but there might be some herbal teas available, I am not sure.

Is bottled water on the premium package, on some links it does on others it doesn,t?

The confusion comes because they have two, a generic brand that is part of the package and Evian that is not but the Evian is part of the Royal Replenish package. We found though that all bars carried the Evian bottles but not the generic so if all they had was Evian then they substituted the Evian for the generic.

I went to Vintages immediately on boarding the ship and asked specifically how they would handle the premium drink package. I was told that it would be full charge for wine over $12/glass because they did not inventory to support these packages. I was aware of the potential to get up to $12 credit on more expensive glasses of wine but after the response of the manager I felt I would battling that all cruise and did not want to deal with the hassle.

As I felt I would be ordering the quality of wine in Vintages mostly I decided against the drink package based on their willingness to honor the package. Vintages did offer to put together a package of good wines (better than the standard package in quality) and offered about 15% discount. Also they waited to ring the package up once in international waters which saved the sales tax. We drank every day mainly good wine but also a pool drink here and there. In the end this end up being lower in price, we drank exactly what we wanted, and were not tempted to over indulge and therefor felt better! I almost bought the package but was happy I did not.

we had the premium package last week on Oasis. Mostly it went well, but on 3 occasions the drinks were charged to our account even though the sea pass card clearly says we had the package. I noticed the charged through TV, went down to the guest relations desk and they happily cleared it out. It was not a big thing, but just a bit annoying since I had to wait and queue.

We also felt that during dinner on MTD we were not paid attention - we were seated on 4 different areas of waiters: 2 areas served us well but the other 2 were horrible: first night we did not get anything else but water. We asked to be seated elsewhere the following nights. Also the last night drinks waiter only brought us 1 glass of wine, then completely ignored us.

I cannot blame the waiter and the asst. waiter - as drinks are served by another, 3rd, person. They do serve for more than just one area of tables and are quite busy - but somehow I felt that their ignoring us was because of the package. Cannot be 100% sure of that, though.

This problem was only at MTD - nowhere else. All other bars; i.e Trellis, Pool bars, Champagne bar, the pub, and during shows - no problems, Except for those 3 wrong charges (2 of them came from water bottles at Cafe Promenade, 1 from a drink at Trellis).

we were happy with the package: utilized it fully but not over. We were never too drunk or had hangover but had great time.

How much were the drink packages? And did both of you have to buy it for the week since you both were in a stateroom together?
Both do not have to buy the packages and they are 20 for the non alcoholic one, which contains still and sparkling water, premium coffees and teas, fresh squeezed juice, Red Bull and any non alcoholic or virgin frozen cocktail. 40 for wine and beer, 55 for wine, beer, soda and bottled still water and 65 for the 55 package plus the 20 package.

I went to Vintages immediately on boarding the ship and asked specifically how they would handle the premium drink package. I was told that it would be full charge for wine over $12/glass because they did not inventory to support these packages. I was aware of the potential to get up to $12 credit on more expensive glasses of wine but after the response of the manager I felt I would battling that all cruise and did not want to deal with the hassle.

As I felt I would be ordering the quality of wine in Vintages mostly I decided against the drink package based on their willingness to honor the package. Vintages did offer to put together a package of good wines (better than the standard package in quality) and offered about 15% discount. Also they waited to ring the package up once in international waters which saved the sales tax. We drank every day mainly good wine but also a pool drink here and there. In the end this end up being lower in price, we drank exactly what we wanted, and were not tempted to over indulge and therefor felt better! I almost bought the package but was happy I did not.

Very surprised to hear they waited to ring up your purchase until after you were in International waters. Does anyone else have any experiences with the Premium drink packages and saving the FL sales tax when you first get on board?

Don't think of me as an alcoholic... But... How early do they start serving drinks. I am a Bloody Mary fan and would like to know where can I ask for one if is earlier in the day. :o

Might depend on the ship. On Oasis last week: first bar opened as early as 7 am, and first pool bar at 9 am.

This is my concern-- I'm a big wine drinker so I emailed RC and was assured it would work "Everywhere on board the Allure" and I was told that the $12 credit for glasses of wine that are more expensive than that would work as well. I plan on bringing that email on my cruise in case there are any problems.

I'll report back after my June 1 cruise on how that goes.

No refunds on the packages (that I am aware of).

You don't have to buy it on the first day either, per the brochure (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf) there needs to be 4 nights left in order to purchase.

Other cruisers have said that they were allowed to bring soda onboard, just understand that it will be inspected.

I sailed last week on the Navigator and was told that you don't have to purchase on the first day but you will be charged for all 7 days regardless of when you buy the package. I found this to be somewhat lame as we got on the boat late that day due to fog.

I purchased the Premium Package- $55 per day

Overall I found the package to be well worth it if you like a few cocktails.

Morningish have a couple Bloody Mary's - $7 each

Say a couple beers hanging around the pool or reading in the solarium- $6 each

Two Glenlivets at the Schooner bar for music trivia each night- $10 each

Two nice glasses of red wine at dinner- $12 each

Add in few other random drinks (the Patron Rita is really good), bottles of water and you are easily over the $55.

I did find by Friday I was kind of sick of drinking but otherwise it was a good deal.

We are going to buy 2 drink packages. Can we give the soda cup to two of our kids or do we need to buy them separately?

I believe they may check the sea pass to check that the drink package is marked on it

I sailed last week on the Navigator and was told that you don't have to purchase on the first day but you will be charged for all 7 days regardless of when you buy the package..

This is what people were told on the Dec 29th sailing as well but other people have said they pro-rate those days out. I thought maybe they had changed this policy after those posts but maybe others speculated you can do it with out actually doing it. I would definitely check on board before buying a package after day 1 and not assume that they will pro-rate it. Policy seams to vary on different ships as well as different sailings on the same ship.

This is what people were told on the Dec 29th sailing as well but other people have said they pro-rate those days out. I thought maybe they had changed this policy after those posts but maybe others speculated you can do it with out actually doing it. I would definitely check on board before buying a package after day 1 and not assume that they will pro-rate it. Policy seams to vary on different ships as well as different sailings on the same ship.

Wrong, according to the website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

I think they are still ironing out some of the kinks in their implementation.

Edited by jahannah

I am going on my first ever cruise in September on Serenade. I am not a big drinker so will probably get the Replenish package and just pay for the odd glass of wine or cocktail I drink. Can anyone tell me the prices for a basic white wine? Also, are the wines listed on the wine and dine package... are they available by the glass? Thanks

Hi there,

We are going on our first cruise in June (FOTS Western) and are looking at purchasing the ultimate drinks package for both of us.

Does anyone know what cider is included? My husband is a big cider drinker and this would be his drink of choice but he would happily drink beer too.

Do people think the package is worth the money? Neither of us will drink wine at dinner. I am worried for myself as not a very big drinker but I plan on drinking a few cocktails throughout the day and a couple of Baileys in the evening after dinner. My husband will drink his money's worth I'm sure.

Thanks everyone