LAFFNVEGAS Live From the Jewel, Well Almost Live on 3/23/14

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning from McCarran International gate C2, we are here waiting for our flight. Tom and I are sitting here waiting with Kathy and Bob who are some of the friends joining us on our cruise.

We will be boarding the Jewel Sunday, this will be our first time on the Jewel but not the first time in aft 10666. This will be our 3 rd time so will have no problem finding our cabin.

We are staying at the Sheraton for two night in NewOrleans that we booked through Norwegian. Along the way I will try to post pictures.

For those that have followed my Live Froms before you may find this to be a bit more abbreviated but I am using mostly my phone to post and plan to use the International Data on my phone.

Our SW flight has Wifi so I may post some more from the plane.

I will end this post with a selfie of two excited girls ready for our margaritas ;)

Signing off from gate C2 at McCarran Airport.

Sorry not sure what happened to the photo but we are boarding

Have a wonderful time. We were on the Jewel for Christmas. Also stayed at the Sheraton. Great location. The pickup bus will park on the street, but the driver will be looking for the pax near the valet spot to the left of the front desk (as you're facing the desk) We, and several others, almost missed our pickup because we were waiting in the area closer to Canal St entrance (at the direction of the desk clerk)

We have just checked into our hotel. We are up on the 33rd floor although Kathy and Bob for the much better view. As those of you know that have stayed in New Orleans hotels are not cheap especially during Spring Break. We actually felt the hotel prong from NCL was right on par with everything else plus transfer to the pier Sunday morning.

Here are some pics of the room and view.

abyda4yz.jpg

ymerazyh.jpgra7ejy7u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Jewel in January and had a great cruise.

This may not interest you but there was a sign up sheet at the meet and greet for a "raffle" for a seat at dinner with an officer.

We signed up. I have no idea if anyone else onboard signed up but all of the people at the dinner were from the M and G. We were happy we got to go.

It was very nice..place cards, free wine and excellent service in the MDR that evening. We also enjoyed meeting the officers and learned a lot.

This may not appeal to seasoned cruisers but we were happy with the experience and were impressed that NCL chose the M and G group.

Guest USC Traveler

lisa and tom....

have a great time in new orleans and have a fabulous cruise! and congratulations on your 60th birthday, tom.

Edited by USC Traveler

A stop at Pat Obriens is a must for Hurricanes 9uhe7a6u.jpgpabubuzu.jpg

Looks like early hurricane season! Enjoy Her and bring Her back in good shape for me! Six days and I put the pointy end of the car towards the Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good Evening from the Sheraton on Canal St in New Orleans. It has been a very long but very first day of travel , we really had fun today but have decided to call it a night. We are off to a great start. Have to say I am impressed with the hotel and location we were able to walk to and from no need for a taxi.tomorrow late morning we are going to Cafe du Monde for beignets.

Signing off from the Canal St Sheraton

Oh, Lisa! We were so disappointed to have to cancel this cruise with you all. Thanks for your "live from" so we can pretend we're still sailing along too.

Have a fantastic time! Birthday wishes to Tom!